Who We Are
What do Airbnb, Slack & Salesforce have in common? They use Culture Amp every day to make their workplaces better, along with over 3,000 other companies from around the globe, making up a community who stand together to improve the world of work.
With offices in Melbourne, San Francisco, New York, & London, Culture Amp isnt just for fast-growing startups - were for every organization that wants to put culture first. By making it easy to collect, understand, & act on employee feedback, we enable People teams to make better decisions, demonstrate impact, & turn company culture into a competitive edge.
Its what makes us the worlds leading people & culture platform.
The Opportunity at Culture Amp
You're deeply curious & passionate about people & culture. As our Legal Counsel, you will primarily be responsible for all legal-related matters involving new sales & customer renewals in the US & Europe. This is an excellent opportunity to join the legal team at a high growth technology company & learn about global commercial contracts, the SaaS sales process, data privacy, data security & what it takes to build a successful global business focused on people & culture. From assisting various global sales & operations teams, to coordinating cross-functional projects, your involvement in all aspects of the business is not just encouraged its essential. As a result, youll need to be comfortable working through complex problems to identify the key issues & use your legal expertise to find the best commercial outcome.
As a key member of the Legal Team, you will work closely with our New York, San Francisco, London & Australian teams to find legal solutions to real world business problems. Any experience you have working with SaaS customers, especially in the HR space, will come in handy. New York based applicants are preferred.
What You Bring to Our Camp
- A JD. Admission in New York or California or the ability to practice as an in-house counsel in New York.
- At least 4 years experience in a transactions practice at a highly regarded law firm, & a bonus if you have additional experience working in-house in the technology industry (ideally startups).
- Experience with B2B, enterprise & technology contracts, data privacy, data security & compliance.
- Strong planning & organization skills, as well as the ability to multitask & handle a large volume of work.
- The attention to detail you'd expect from a lawyer.
- A confident, effective & positive advisor who can help our sales teams through difficult customer sales.
- A practitioner with a high level of integrity & judgment that is supported by great communication skills.
- Of a mindset that enables you to work independently, but also to use good judgment & escalate issues when needed.
- Draft, review & negotiate a variety of commercial, data privacy, & information security agreements to support (i) customer sales & renewals & (ii) our purchase of services from SAAS providers & other vendors.
- Develop, maintain & deliver training programs for sales & other business teams.
- Collaborate with legal, privacy, security & other business teams on cross-functional projects.
What we offer
Culture Amp really practices what we preach. We are extremely proud of the Culture we have built, but don't just take our word for it, our Glassdoor reviews speak for themselves!
We want every Camper to feel at home & do their best work at Culture Amp, so we have 4 values that we live by, take a read, & if this sounds like the environment for you, please apply!
We have a strong commitment to Anti-Racism, & we believe in leading through example. Every step we make as a business towards anti-racism is another step we can support our customers in making a better world of work. You can see our current commitments to Anti-Racism here.
But thats not all!
- Flexible working hours - in this dynamic time, make your work schedule work for you
- MacBooks for all!
- Shares - its important to us that everyone is an owner & can share in our success.
- Medical insurance
- Fun & inclusive digital, & (in the future) in-person events
Most importantly. An opportunity to really make a difference in peoples lives.
Here are a few highlights from Culture Amp
Please keep reading...
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.