Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
To continue to help these tight-knit communities grow -- & to help new ones form -- we are rapidly growing our teams to maximize our impact on lives. We're ready to reshape & rebuild Meetup for the mobile, global future, & to craft experiences that echo the amazing feeling of going to a great meetup in real life.
Software engineers at Meetup do everything that's needed to get something live on our platform, from the interaction on the web to the APIs that power it. Senior engineers at Meetup demonstrate an ability to solve complex problems, mentor other engineers, build products that delight our members & organizers, & lead by example for other engineers on the team.
You're our ideal team member if you:
- Have 7+ years' experience writing software.
- Are excited about learning new programming languages & using the right tools to deliver value to our users.
- Have experience in Agile/XP practices (TDD/Pairing/Continuous Integration) & interested in mentoring others on it.
- Are ready to take on full ownership of the development lifecycle by designing, building, & operating applications.
- Want to collaborate with product managers, designers & other engineers to solve open-ended problems & roadmap solutions.
- Are driven by results at product, team, & individual levels.
Our teams use React/Redux, NodeJS, Java & Scala, & currently we build new endpoints as Lambdas on AWS. Knowledge of these technologies isnt necessary as long as you are excited to learn.
Learn more about Meetups engineering principles: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, & passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?