The Emerging Technologies team at Mozilla Research is working to enable real-time, high performance virtual reality (VR) & augmented reality (AR) applications on the web, with the goal of enabling users to have compelling & safe experiences in this new technology area. We work on new web browsers, web-based applications, web engine standards & implementations, & web frameworks & tools for developers.
As a technical artist on the mixed reality team, you will use your visual & user interface skills to build visually compelling demonstrations of the kinds of experiences that developers could build & users could experience on the VR & AR web in the future.
As a Technical Artist in the Mixed Reality team in Emerging Technologies at Mozilla, you will...
- Design & create short-form virtual & augmented reality experiences on the web platform
- Build a variety of 3D & 2D assets for use on the web in new hardware platforms that make the best use of bandwidth & performance limitations while still being compelling
- Promote your works through creation of video & art captures & integrating them with the teams social media & technical documentation
- Collaborate with tools, framework, & browser engineers to deliver enjoyable experiences
- Be comfortable delivering with significant freedom on rapidly-moving software & hardware platforms
- Work on a multicultural geographically-distributed team
- Work entirely on open source
- Work with the community, other Mozilla teams, & our corporate partners
Your Professional Profile
- BS or Msc or equivalent in technology and/or arts.
- Shipped games or experiences on mobile, web or AR/VR platforms
- Experienced in modelling, texturing & animating assets for limited resources platforms.
- Written & verbal communication skills in English
Other things that might make you stand out:
- Experience with Unity or Unreal game engines.
- Deep understanding of web technologies & APIs: WebAudio, WebRTC, WebWorkers, WASM, WebGL, WebXR
- Experience with optimization techniques both 3D assets & code for mobile & low end devices with technical constraints such as memory or frame rate limitations.
- Experience with Blender, as well as other common 3D content creation tools.
**Please include a portfolio, reel, or website showing your recent work.**
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open & free is better than closed & controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform & help create more opportunity & innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.