--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health & safety of our candidates & our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews & new hire on-boarding.
This position can be based in our New York City Headquarters office.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established & refined the leading AI platform for real-time event & risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events & emerging risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, & actionable alerts to public & private sector organizations around the world.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices & raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, & have fun. Join us & help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Vice President of Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion will lead all DEI programs & initiatives across the globe at Dataminr. In partnership with senior leaders, they will work to strengthen our culture & work towards a community where all employees feel valued & empowered to do their best work. You will collaborate with People Team leaders to build & scale our core talent, learning, & culture programs to promote equity & inclusivity, strengthen our leadership capability, & help us to attract & retain the best talent.
- Be a leading voice for DEI by developing, driving, & communicating a global DEI strategy
- You will provide thought leadership, strategic planning, coaching, & education to infuse DEI principles & practices into our programs & drive key outcomes
- Act as an advisor to our Executives, Leaders, & Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Collaborate with our People Business Partners, Talent Acquisition, & Compensation & Benefits teams to ensure that our internal mobility, promotion, TA pipeline, & compensation practices promote diversity & equity
- Help to further develop our Employee Resource Groups by providing leadership & support that celebrates diverse perspectives & experiences & strengthens our internal communities
- Manage social impact partnerships & charitable giving
- Collaborate with People Team to drive our core talent management processes to support business leaders in assessing & developing their talent & maximizing the effectiveness of our performance reviews, 9-block talent reviews & calibrations, & individual & team assessments
- Use engagement survey data & employee feedback to develop & deliver programs that foster behavior change & growth for leadership & high potential talent
- Generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI, & inclusivity of programs thus allowing us to measure their impact & identify insights that will drive continuous improvement
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 8 + years of experience working with leaders & executives to plan & implement a strategy that resulted in a more diverse, equitable, & inclusive workplace community
- Experience designing talent programs & initiatives that result in measurable progress
- Strong written & oral communication skills
- Ability to use creative & collaborative approaches to drive DEI programs at Dataminr
- Experience challenging the status quo in order & inspire new points of view
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise, & experience with the processes of recruitment, hiring, promotion, & retention of people from historically underrepresented groups
- Ability to bring others along while navigating difficult & complex conversations
- Ability to earn trust & build strong relationships with stakeholders
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave & 100% company-paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.