At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced operator to serve as the District Manager, Operations to manage our driver service teams in Philadelphia. Were searching for an exceptional servant leader with experience managing large teams who is passionate about continuous improvement, process excellence, providing best in class driver service, & wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will manage a team of leaders that own Lyfts driver service, fleet & rental experience, & vehicle care across Philadelphia. Youll collaborate with other operations team members who support Lyft drivers in the broader Pennsylvania state area. If you have experience managing large programs, growing businesses, developing employees, working in dynamic environments, & solving tough problems, wed like to talk with you.
- Lead, develop, & engage your team, including Driver Service Managers, Vehicle Service Managers, & Community Associates (Lyfts driver-facing team)
- Develop, continuously improve, & align our long-term strategy & create playbooks to hit OKRs & drive financial performance within your district.
- Embody the philosophy of servant leadership; have no problem working the front lines & serving drivers with your staff
- Oversee driver onboarding, support, & fleet & rental operations across Philadelphia.
- Create a world-class experience for our drivers & customers across all business lines, & be obsessed with creating positive interactions with our drivers, customers, & our community
- Teach & coach our teams to develop, implement, & constantly refine operational business processes, relentlessly eliminating waste & creating value
- Constantly drive improvement on business & team performance metrics
- Represent Lyft's brand, mission, & culture both inside & outside of the organization
- Represent local driver needs & concerns to Lyft HQ
- Work with other markets to install best practices
- Identify opportunities & make them happen
- 5+ years experience leading large teams in process-driven, operational environments (i.e. with lean production, kaizen, continuous improvement etc.)
- You love people: Motivation, engagement, & development come naturally. You can identify what makes your team members tick & gain energy from coaching them to achieve a common goal
- You are a leader in customer service: You care deeply about the customer experience & role model & coach others to provide the best experience possible to those visiting your location
- Strong problem solver: You bring problems to the surface, identify root cause, fix them & keep them from coming back
- Excellent time management: You effectively prioritize multiple competing functions & tasks
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, & willing to help out wherever needed
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bonus points if youre an avid Lyft user & have a passion for the rideshare industry
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.