Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Senior Internal Auditor will assist in the company-wide public company readiness & related SOX implementation initiative. Partnering with DO teams to help mature & sometimes establish the companys control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior experience (such as Audit & SOX) & is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Internal Audit. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Be part of the team collaborating with the company to build the internal control environment & prepare the company for SOX compliance
- Work collaboratively with the Sr. Manager of Internal Audit & control owners on the design of internal controls & maintain the risk & control matrix within AuditBoard
- As controls are remediated, execute walkthroughs to validate the design of the control
- Perform periodic testing to assess the operating effectiveness of controls; including buildout of test plans & audit workpapers within AuditBard
- Prepare audit documentation request list, coordinate with controls owners & track request status
- Perform end to end process and/or system walkthroughs, where needed, build flows in flowchart format
- Where needed, prepare control training materials to help educate those responsible for performing control activities
- As needed, review policies and/or provide recommendations to policy owners to enhance them
- Provide guidance & support to internal stakeholders as they address control deficiencies or make significant process changes (e.g., implementation of new systems)
- Develop & maintain positive working relationships with process owners & stakeholders in various departments effectively, to increase awareness of the importance of risk & controls, & the role of Internal Audit
What Well Expect From You:
- 3-4 years or more of relevant experience prior public accounting (Big 4) experience required
- Bonus: Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies, and/or companies that have recently IPOed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- SOX experience, specifically around validating control design & operating effectiveness on both the business process & ITGC side. Bonus: Experience working on controls implementation & design controls from scratch
- Experience with software such as MS Word, Advanced MS Excel skills, Alteryx (or other data & analytics tools), PowerPoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides) & Visio or Lucid Charts. Bonus: Experience with RPA, NetSuite, Coupa, Fastpath or AuditBoard
- Self-starter who demonstrates initiative, curiosity to learn, & displays high energy level
- Strong organization skills, ability to prioritize ones workload & clearly communicate status
- High degree of attention to detail
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!