Booking.com is the largest business within Booking Holdings, a leading Fortune 500 e- commerce conglomerate with a market cap of approximately $80 Billion. At Booking.com, we are united by a single mission: empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 210 offices worldwide, our 17,000 employees work hard to help make more than one million travel dreams come true every single day. As we continue to scale at incredible speed & embark on our next chapter experiences, homes & apartments, new technologies we are actively recruiting the next generation of global leaders & entrepreneurs, with exciting opportunities across a broad range of functions.
The Senior HR Business Partner - People & Finance is responsible for supporting our Senior Management team (Directors/SVP) & Business Leaders within our People & Finance departments. You will need strong influencing skills & the ability to translate client business needs & goals into human resource capabilities needed to achieve results. It is key you understand the business you are supporting
You will also help improve organisational structure, provide advice & lead & participate in company wide projects such as creation of new job families & job competencies; career paths for Bookings employees; development of internal processes & policies, etc.
This role is based in our Global HQ in Amsterdam & reports to the Head of HR HQ. You will also be leading a team of HR Business Partners & HR Generalist
- Understand the business, build relationships with your client groups & work with fellow business leaders to help them build a successful organisation
- Lead HR related business initiatives in synergy with Booking.coms global People organisation, including organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
- Work in partnership with your peer group to ensure that CoE teams create & deliver products/tools/services that deliver against business strategy as well as the People Roadmap
- To advise, coach & guide leadership teams on how best to ensure they have the right talent in the right roles doing the right work.
- Be an escalation point for HR Business Partners within their function, making decisions on behalf of the HR Director in line with company HR policies.
- Accountable for working within organisational design principles & leading change initiatives with regards to structure design & development, reorganizations and/or M&A activity.
- Responsible for ensuring that senior hires are recruited against defined competency frameworks, holding the business leader to account, so that new hires/promotions/internal moves are aligned, fair & transparent whilst ensuring we bring in the right talent into the right roles.
- A key strategic partner of the business, using both HR & Business acumen to ensure that Booking.com delivers against its strategic objectives.
- Bachelors Degree required in Human Resources Management or related field. Master's Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred
- 8+ years of experience within HR in a dynamic company with broad knowledge & experience in human resources management & HR Process
- Experience working in an international, high-tech, entrepreneurial environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities
- Experience in the development & implementation of rewards (Compensation & Benefits) plans is preferred
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to influence & partner with different levels of the organisation to achieve results
- Ability to drive, own & deliver large scale organisational change programmes and/or people roadmaps
- A thorough understanding of managing talent lifecycles & resourcing plans
- Ability to work cross functionally & partner with multiple business areas to impact business decisions
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to work commercially.
- Finance knowledge, specifically P&L, budgeting & Financial Planning is a plus
- Knowledge of Dutch employment laws (immigration & Tax) will be advantageous