At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We are looking for a passionate, structured, & motivating Operations Lead to join the Global Operations team. Drivers are the force of our organization, & your job will be to ensure that every interaction with them is delightful. Not just ho-hum casually delightful. We mean shout from the mountain tops about how they never knew life could be this good level of delightful. To pull it off, youll need to be structured, data-driven, able to think on your feet, & exceptionally good at problem solving.
- Be responsible for the driver satisfaction within our DCA Express Drive/Hub location
- Lead & develop a team of Community Associates
- Take ownership of our rental fleet & the management of strategic partnerships with local vendors to ensure maintenance & damage repairs meet our standards
- Work closely with Fleet Lead to identify opportunities to improve & grow the Flexdrive business
- Develop processes to improve & increase operational efficiencies within the Express Drive program
- Proactively manage fleet costs to sustainably scale our operations
- Bring general retail or operational expertise to the table from your previous roles, innovating & iterating on that foundation as you go
- Hold 1:1s & feedback sessions with your team based on your observations, CSAT scores, & driver responses
- Ensure that your team on-boards drivers with all of the information they need to be successful on the Lyft platform, as well as the Express Drive program
- Lead the team that guides drivers through the rental on-boarding process as needed - lead by example, & be the image of exceptional service that your team aspires to
- Analyze Lyft data for performance gaps & process improvements, always be looking ahead!
- Passionate about delivering great customer experiences with a strong track record to back it up
- 2-4 years experience managing retail, customer service, or vehicle rental team members
- Experience managing vehicle fleets in a retail, military, or private operating environment is strongly preferred
- Ability to coach & develop young leaders within your org, in person or remotely
- Experience achieving strategic goals in a fast paced startup environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience building & maintaining lasting relationships with strategic partners
- Ability to multi-task & switch into different modes during the workday/week
- Lover of process excellence & high standards
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.