NewsCred, the worlds leading enterprise content marketing company, is on a mission to create software that transforms how marketing teams work.
NewsCred is a three-time Gartner Magic Quadrant leader & a regular Great Place to Work. Every day, across our New York, London, & Dhaka offices, nearly 200 brilliant NewsCred employees commit their passion, time, & energy to shaping the future of an industry.
Our bread & butter is enterprise content marketing, & we are the best in the world at it, with exceptional retention rates over our 10+ year history. Our teams combine strategic expertise, award-winning licensed & original content, & comprehensive-but-intuitive software to help the worlds biggest multinational brands publish content that people actually want in this world filled with ad noise.
But we are not resting on our success. We believe that modern marketing organisations will have their own operating system, just as Engineering has Jira & Sales has Salesforce. This Marketing OS will centralise where campaigns get planned & marketing teams work together. There are many big companies competing to be the winner, but we think we have the lead because of our expertise in content & the robustness of our software.
About The Role
The Senior Technical Architect assists in both scoping & architecting technical solutions on prospect & customer engagements. The ideal candidate will demonstrate deep expertise in enterprise marketing tech stacks & the various interoperability capabilities of marketing technologies including: analytics, content hubs, email marketing, marketing automation, CRMs, project management platforms, etc.
The Senior Technical Architect will have a close relationship with both Product & Sales in order to best speak to our API & integrations capabilities & roadmap to prospective clients. This candidate will be able to identify issues within a companys technology stack & then carefully spell out solutions that people in the organisation can understand. Part of the role is about fixing issues, & part of it is explaining to clients & prospects why they are experiencing problems & the options open to them for solving them.
At times you will be called upon in a supervisory capacity to oversee the actions of a development or technical consultant team to ensure the execution of an integration meets the business requirements of the client, taking into account the other tools incorporated in the broader solution.
What Youll Do
- Ability to assess customer requirements & determine feasibility of integrations based on current API endpoints & connector availability
- Ability to translate various use cases into a simplified technical architecture diagram
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of a APIs & the marketing tech stack interoperability capabilities
- Strong background in sales collaboration
- Experience translating technical requirements into scopes of work
- Demonstrates the ability to navigate internally to determine the feasibility & timelines of custom work
- Work closely with Technical Consultants during implementation/onboarding
- Work closely with Engagement Managers & Account Executives to write SOWs
- Cross-functional member of the NewsCred organization; able to effectively communicate to clients/prospects as well as the internal product & engineering team.
- Input & translates ideas gathered via research & frequent client requests into user stories/tickets that will ultimately advance the CMP integrations capabilities
- Pre-Sales SME resource: pulled in as needed on stage 3 & 4 deals to speak more technically to prospects that are far enough down the sales funnel
- Take on active role in Customer Success by working closely with both Engagement Managers to write SOWs
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of product solutions, technical pre-sales, or consulting experience, ideally in a SaaS marketing space
- 5+ years of strong client facing experience including the ability to consult, address escalated issues, & solution through services
- Deep expertise in marketing analytics, digital marketing, marketing automation, advertising, email marketing, etc.
- Enterprise software implementation either as an end-user in a large marketing department or as a professional service consultant
- Martech application experience with platforms such as Google Analytics, Marketo, Eloqua, JIRA, Responsys, Sprinklr, Adobe (Omniture, AEM, Exact Target), Salesforce, Bynder etc.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience with strategic thinking & complex architecture
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Clients achieve expected interoperability results within contracted agreement (50%)
- Closed/Won opportunities (50%)
Diversity & Inclusion
At NewsCred, we believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace & that inclusivity is more than just good intentions.
We are committed to recruiting, hiring, & retaining a diverse community that is representative of the ones we live in. We will hold ourselves accountable by measurable success criteria & will be transparent on our progress towards these commitments.
Our work isnt over when we have successfully diversified our pool of employees; we are committed to ongoing efforts to make NewsCred an inclusive environment for all. This includes providing ongoing opportunities for education, awareness, & partnerships that share our commitment to eliminating unconscious bias & raising awareness about experiences other than our own.
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work, & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in our How We Work document
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- Full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, & generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity everyone has a stake in our growth
- An agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers & direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days & flexible working hours