Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Purpose is looking for a Contracts Manager to work 3-5 days per work week & a total of 20 to 25 hours. As a Contracts Manager, this role leads & manages vendor, contractor & sub-grants agreements across the Purpose Global Teams. The Contracts Manager will work collaboratively with global cross-functional teams & manage all aspects of the administration contracts & agreements as the liaison for all contractual needs for the organization. As a Contracts Manager make necessary amendments to our existing contract templates so that our contract terms are in compliance with local requirements.
In this role you will:
- Edit & revise company standard vendor & contractor agreements & sub-grants agreements
- Advise on & amend agreements provided by vendors.
- Managing the contract lifecycle, including but not limited to: draft, modification, execution, amendments & renewal of contracts
- Serves as the primary point of contact & provides time-sensitive support to key stakeholders across global teams, contractors & vendors.
- Maintain up-to-date database tracking all contracts & related correspondence. Identify & assist with contract management improvements.
- Identify & escalate material issues in contracts.
- Communicate effectively with internal & external teams that include but are not limited to coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, & other stakeholders
- Maintenance of a centralized file, storage & documentation system for all contract-related material
We think you will be a successful candidate if you:
- 6-10 years experience in vendor, contractor agreement management, or activities related to drafting amended terms & negotiating contracts & managing compliance to contractual requirements preferred
- Previous in-house corporate contract management experience is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interface effectively with every level of the organization.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills & the ability to successfully handle multiple concurrent tasks/assignments simultaneously: attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy.
- Excellent facilitation skills & the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders.
- Strong professional judgment & sound decision-making skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast pace environment
- Track & follow up on detailed information about contract requirements
- Ability to coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Is excited to work with a global team & team members that are from diverse backgrounds
- Proficiency with G-suite (Google doc, spreadsheet, google forms, google slides, etc).
Salary Range: $50 to $65 per hour
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggestchallenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.