The Frontend team at Squarespace is building one of the most advanced interfaces on the web. With it, our customers can easily create beautiful interactive websites & stores. If you are a Frontend Engineer who strives to go beyond what is possible in a web browser, we want to hear from you! You will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
You'll Get To...
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers & designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor junior team members
Who We're Looking For
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, & CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $113,000 - $201,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.