NS1 has transformed the way the internet works by automating the deployment & delivery of the worlds most trafficked internet & enterprise applications. Its application networking stack modernizes DNS, DHCP, & IPAM the familiar & universal foundations of all network & internet services to unlock unprecedented automation, visibility, & control. NS1 has more than 600 enterprise customers worldwide, including LinkedIn, Dropbox, & The Guardian, & is backed by investments from Energy Impact Partners, Dell Technologies Capital, Cisco Investments, & GGV Capital.
We need a motivated, experienced frontend engineer to help supplement an existing frontend team. Your primary focus would be split between implementing new sections of interface for our self-hosted DDI & managed platforms & triaging/fixing bugs in those interfaces. Beyond that, there is some lower-level nodejs work available, if youre interested. Were also always striving to shrink our bundle size, remove external dependencies, & increase overall responsiveness & performance.
The NS1 portal is primarily built with React & Redux. We have an in-house component toolkit that were constantly improving & extending, as well. We use a custom in-house pattern to abstract UI concerns & api-interaction concerns. We also heavily rely on lodash & recharts. Were using webpack to generate our bundle. We have a basic nightwatch integration testing suite that is integrated with our build pipeline.
- React + Redux experience
- SASS / CSS / SCSS
- Basic shell proficiency / comfort
- Experience with frontend automated testing
Nice to have:
- Node.js experience
- Experience building packages & modules
- Understanding of networking basics
Working at NS1:
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity. We were chosen as one of BuiltinNYCs Top 50 Startups to watch in 2019 & closed our $40M Series D in July 2020.
For all employees, we offer:
- Competitive compensation, including new hire & recurring stock options
- Flexible hours, time off & work from home options (even prior to COVID-19!)
- Choice of laptop & supplemental allowance for workstation accessories
- In house wellness programming & education
- Access to employee-led affinity & social awareness groups
- Funtivities calendar - employees can participate in culture building workplace activities ranging from happy hours, holiday events & special interest activities
- Quarterly giving campaign to charities & social causes
In addition to the above, we offer US Employees:
- Medical, dental, & vision benefits
- Unlimited vacation time with a mandatory minimum utilized each year
- 401k through Betterment
- Commuter benefits (which well use even more often once we return to the office!)
- An outstanding parental leave policy of up to 18 weeks (12 of which can be consecutive)
NS1 champions diversity - we welcome & employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.