Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
What you build & where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of databaseone born in the cloud & built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, & thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a Manager of Recruiting Programs to lead the growth & strategy of efforts focused on Recruiting program development, DEI initiatives & partnerships, & employer branding. This individual will work closely with key stakeholders within the People team as well as across all divisions of the organization to support the goal of hiring a Cockroach Labs team that contributes to the company's success, diversity, & culture. This individual will be tasked with driving initiatives that can be incorporated into & expand upon our current hiring process & philosophy.
- Lead & grow the Recruiting Programs team, while being a hands-on builder in the Programs efforts
- Drive program development & rollout for initiatives to support our fair hiring practices, with an emphasis on reducing bias
- Head up training & enablement efforts focused on increasing Recruiting efficiency & effectiveness
- Develop, maintain, & expand external partnerships as well as internal programs to support building diverse candidate pipelines
- Lead research & strategy development for employer branding & recognition efforts across the US & internationally as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders across People, Marketing, & other departments as needed to create inclusive, collaborative processes & projects
- Use data & recruiting analytics to drive insights around areas needing improvement, as well as develop metrics & tracking strategies to better assess outcomes in the future
In your first 30 days, you will get the lay of the land as a new Roacher but also as a new member of the CRL Recruiting team. You will meet & shadow members of the Recruiting team to get a full picture of the current process & approach in place. And a large portion of your time will be spent directly with our Recruiting Programs team members to learn about their current responsibilities, challenges, & areas of expertise.
After 60 days, you have started to settle into your new role & began identifying areas that need additional focus or resources in our current Recruiting Programs efforts. Youve begun building relationships with stakeholders across the organization, & learned where we have potential gaps in our sourcing & recruiting efforts. You will have started to brainstorm your first major programs initiative & set a basic project plan in place.
At 90 days, you are fully integrated into the team & are formulating long-term plans for how our Recruiting Programs can positively influence the companys successful growth across the US & globally. You are preparing to (or have begun to!) roll out your first initiative, & are involved in retrospectives for events, trainings, etc that you have been observing. You have begun to create awareness around future plans & strengthened the voice & visibility of the Recruiting Programs team across the organization.
- 3+ years of management experience attracting, developing, & retaining talent to your team
- 8+ years working in a Recruiting, HR, or People Operations related function, preferably in Project/Program management
- Comfort working within ambiguity & developing programs & initiatives from the ground up
- Excellent communication skills both written & verbal, & the ability to drive effective change management
- A passion for creating a more fair & equitable interview process, & for opening up opportunities to individuals from all backgrounds
- An innate ability to learn & understand new, complex topics but also the humility to say "I don't know" & ask meaningful questions
Reporting to Dave Delaney - Senior Manager, Corporate Recruiting & Programs
Dave has a passion for building early-stage teams. Prior to Cockroach Labs, he was the first non-engineering hire at Vine, & then the first in-house recruiter at Yext. There he grew his team to 7 people & was responsible for recruiting across all departments outside of Revenue. After 5 years at Yext, which included a 2017 IPO, he caught the startup bug again & made the move over to Cockroach Labs. He's a huge proponent of our companys core value of balance & most days he'll log off around 5pm to be with his family & cook dinner before his kids' bedtime. Aside from family activities, he's been spending his free time during COVID on his Peloton bike & doing projects around his family's house in Connecticut.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.