Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the role:
We're seeking an independent, efficient, & hard-working intern who genuinely enjoys helping others. A successful team member is an avid user of our apps, an excellent written communicator, & a natural problem solver. As a part of the Product & Data Support team, you will be on the frontline of both internal & external support, providing white glove service to our worldwide community of over 55 million users, merchants, & Superusers, as well as our internal engineering teams.
You will also play a vital role in ensuring high-quality data across our venues database & priority venue chains. Through manual evaluations, ad hoc financial analyses, polygon creation, & the production of training sets for our various machine-learning models, interns serve as the human/non-programmatic wing of the Venues team - one that is key in achieving quarterly objectives & goals.
This is a paid, 40 hr/wk, 4-month internship located at our headquarters in the Flatiron District, NYC. While there are no guaranteed full-time opportunities available after the 4 month period, former interns from our Product & Data Support team have gone on to full-time positions at dynamic tech companies. This is a great way to get your foot in the door into the tech scene!
- Respond to support requests
- Escalate potential product issues
- Assist with new business on-boarding
- Curate & vet popular venues in our database to help ensure users have access to highly-personalized recommendations
- Beta version QA testing for both of our consumer apps
- Using internal tooling, manually create polygons for prioritized venues & venue chains
- Research/Review recent financial reports for our prioritized venue chains
- Analyze & determine current estimated venue coverage for prioritized venue chains
- Deep dives on specific chains to validate venue-level firmographic data accuracy
- Harmonize our venues with one of our many outside data sources
- Create training sets for our machine learning models
- Support ad hoc analyses for large partners, e.g. Apple, Uber, hedge funds
- Perform QA evaluations for various outputs of Venue Data Pipeline
- Strong work ethic & acute attention to detail
- Efficient & effective online research skills
- Familiarity with Google Maps & Street View
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- A careful eye to help identify, troubleshoot, & report bugs
- A passionate Foursquare and/or Swarm user
- Experience with OS X, Excel, Google Apps
- Bonus: Prior experience with Zendesk, Jira or Asana, SQL, in Customer Service or Hospitality
The next set of hiring dates that we will be recruiting for are below. When applying, please let us know which date(s) you would be available to start, if selected to be hired.
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.