Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Curriculum Enablement team owns the technology responsible for creating, publishing, & distributing Codecademys learning content, such as lessons, quizzes, & projects. The team develops & maintains Codecademys CMS & the API that serves content data to user-facing clients. It also partners with other teams to develop new educational experiences for our learners, including creating novel teaching interfaces that allow our curriculum developers to teach new technologies & domains.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Implement the features & user experiences that power Codecademys web application like our interactive learning environment or user facing dashboards
- Architect efficient & reusable front-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate closely with our Curriculum, Data Science, Design, Marketing, & Product teams to build an engaging user experience for our learners
- Build products & experiences people love through intuitive design & clear user experiences
- Take your ideas from concept to reality: use our experimentation systems to test different variations of our pages to experiment, iterate, learn, & repeat
- Be a champion for developing & adhering to engineering standards within your team. We want to build high-quality software thats easy to understand, easy to change, & works the way its supposed to
- Put automated testing, tracking, & monitoring in place to ensure our website is always working as expected
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Expertise in HTML & CSS, with a knack for layout, specificity, cross-browser compatibility, & accessibility
- Expertise in browser APIs & optimizing for frontend performance
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React, AngularJS, Vue.js, or another equivalent framework
- Experience working with RESTful APIs & client/server architectures
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Excited about the opportunities & challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase & associated microservices
- Experience with containerization tools, such as Docker or Kubernetes
- BS/MS in Computer Science or an equivalent major
- You gained your software engineering skills without the benefit of a traditional CS education, whether you're self-taught, a bootcamp grad, or a Codecademy learner!
- You love teaching people to code as a mentor, volunteer, writer, or teacher
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.