Guild Education's Corporate Strategy team is growing. We have 3 open roles; Corporate Strategy Manager, Corporate Strategy Director & Corporate Strategy Principal. There's no need to apply to multiple Corporate Strategy roles as you will be reviewed against all three openings. You will be dynamically placed into the appropriate level based on the type of experience you possess & through the course of the interview process.
The Corporate Strategy Principal will act as a partner across various initiatives & will be tasked with orchestrating projects that expand Guilds strategic remit & scope. Guilds Corporate Strategy Team acts as the hub for market insights & build, buy, partner decisions across the organization with the purpose of accelerating our growth, cementing our position as a category leader, & helping to craft the Guild Ecosystem through partnership, acquisition, & market expansion.
- Conduct deep discovery work on potential new markets & prospective Guild Ecosystem partnerships
- Orchestrate projects, answering questions of cross-marketplace strategy & Guild driven positioning
- In partnership with Finance, design & execute upon Guilds inorganic growth roadmap, including support on all diligence processes (e.g., building financial models, writing investment memos, etc.)
- Develop relationships with the most innovative organizations across the Future of Work landscape
- Drive partnership activation efforts, operationalizing strategic value levers from newly formed partnerships
- Serve as a subject matter authority on Guilds ever changing landscape, providing business leaders across the organization with a snapshot of Guilds driven threats
Ideal candidate will have:
- Energized to tackle sophisticated problems
- Strong confidence in your ability to rapidly teach new things
- Not daunted by the unfamiliar & possess a driven growth demeanor
- Strong analytical, research skills & ability to conduct in-depth research & analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Google Slides & operationally-minded
- Experience crafting & implementing well-functioning processes
- Deeply organized with a knack for driving cross-functional collaboration
- Strong grasp of financial concepts & conducting financial analysis
- Deep understanding of the business drivers & metrics of a high-growth venture backed company
- A bias towards action & thrive in ambiguity & proactive by default
- Capable of prioritizing multiple ambitious priorities
- Skilled communicator capable of owning relationships with senior external partners
- Comfortable driving internal, cross-functional collaboration
- Strong solid understanding of the education & future of work spaces
Guild is growing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities & education institutions. Guilds proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit & our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - & with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, & the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman & former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, & Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an expansive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, & transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market driven, including a base salary range of $180,000 to $202,500 & bonus eligibility, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna & Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- We provide 3 weeks of vacation in the first year & an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- We provide 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal & or recover
- We provide family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term & long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, & fertility care benefits.
- We provide well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free & low cost mental health resources & support services
- We offer education benefits & tuition assistance to help your future development & growth