Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Senior Director of Supply Chain & Logistics on our Operations Team to help us design & implement strategy for all logistics activities, including warehousing, transportation, & order fulfillment of our products. Among other responsibilities, you may be tasked with building & maintaining relationships with 3PL partners, developing a core carrier program across all modes of transportation, overseeing our trade compliance activities, & measuring the effectiveness of relevant supply chain & logistics partners. Your goal? Optimize Warby Parkers supply chain operations for maximum efficiency & scalability.
Our ideal candidate will have experience owning supply chain initiatives & bring a working knowledge of distribution & fulfillment operations, domestic & international transportation processes across various modes, inventory control, & customs/FDA compliance.
What youll do:
- Lead the strategies & key objectives of logistics, warehousing, shipping, & trade compliance across the business
- Manage the high-level strategy & partnerships with existing & future external partners, including transportation, 3PL/warehousing, & contacts distribution partners to provide timely order fulfillment, delivery, receiving, & reverse logistics services
- Oversee the team who manages the day-to-day activities of systems, as well as optimization projects across inventory control, transportation & trade compliance, & distribution & fulfillment
- Deploy a standardized & optimized inbound & outbound logistics network with the goal of minimizing total system cost & maximizing profitability, while delivering superior customer service
- Continuously refine long term strategy of business decisions to drive changes & improvements in unit costs, performance metrics, & key performance indicators across the entire supply chain
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all supply chain operations on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that our strategy & operations are set so that all shipments meet or exceed lead time & cost expectations
- Identify providers who can meet new needs and/or deliver cost compression or lead time reductions & design & oversee the strategy of new carrier onboarding
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders to resolve data discrepancies, report needs & Supply Chain KPIs, develop required SOPs, & take on any other initiative that prevents & solves for operational issues, implementing solutions as needed
Who you are:
- Armed with a minimum 1012 years of experience managing supply chain organizations with either in-house or 3rd party distribution operations, all modes of transportation, & supporting vendors, with a particular skill for leading RFPs & negotiations
- Equipped with a bachelors degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain management, or a related field
- Well-versed in supply chain processes, both domestic & international, as well as end-to-end vendor management
- Backed by a solid understanding of imports & transportation across all modes, plus a working knowledge of trade preference programs, commercial terms, INCOterms, & cost drivers within each mode
- Someone with extensive knowledge on warehouse management systems (WMS)extra credit for those with experience in standalone systems, ERP modules or cloud-based
- A strong task juggler that has no problem staying calm under pressure
- An analytical thinker with borderline neurotic attention to detail
- A resourceful self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Collaborative, emotionally intelligent, & relentlessly positive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Access
- Not on the Office of Inspector Generals List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
The salary range for the Senior Director, Supply Chain & Logistics role in New York City is $175,000 - $200,000. Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience & skills, qualifications & location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus & an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details & eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire & impact the world with vision, purpose, & style.
Were constantly asking ourselves how we can do more & make a greater impactand that starts by reimagining everything that a company & industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, & do good in the worldwithout charging a premium for it. And weve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, & innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, weve pioneered ideas, designed products, & developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses & contacts to eye exams & vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, & achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings & events, volunteering & learning opportunities, & just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up & sharing ideas arent responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, & identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (Were happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community & belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors & equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, & share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what were all about, & our annual Impact Report & Racial Equity Strategy lay out how were sticking to these values.