What We Do:
Uptake Canada delivers process driven SaaS applications that enable the complete operations of Industrial Equipment & Parts Sales & Service for a long list of verticals including Construction, Agriculture, Mining, Marine & Power Generation. When empowered with Uptakes cutting-edge machine learning insights & recommendations, the result is a powerful platform that identifies sales opportunities that may be missed & customers problems before they happen, which ultimately generates greater revenue while saving customers money, time & lives.
What Were Looking for :
As a member of one of our application engineering teams, the Full Stack Engineer will work in a fast-paced environment with a large group of software professionals to create, enhance & support state of the art web & mobile applications for our customers. The work is a highly varied mix of new feature development, new product development & application maintenance. This position will contribute to both front-end & back-end tiers.
- You must be able to learn quickly & communicate with non-technical business contacts
professionally with a strong English language capability, both oral & written.
- Focus on delighting our customers with expert results in a fast paced, demanding
- Learn the underlying technical architecture of our web applications, & be able to analyze
change requests & the impacts of the changes to determine how to accomplish them
- Develop & maintain SQL objects, especially complex stored procedures & functions
- Conduct daily written & verbal interaction with the development team to interpret
requirements, designing, defining & implementing solutions
- Be a very strong team player who knows what has to be done & takes the initiative to
ensure the success of the team & the customer
- Experience with C# & Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - 4.7, .Net Core
- Experience with Microsoft products
- Experience with JIRA & GIT
- Experience with one or more of PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, Kafka, Redis,
Cassandra, TiDB is a bonus
- Knowledge of Docker, DC/OS, Kubernetes is a bonus
- Great verbal & written communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to operate individually & as part of an agile team; effectively set expectations, manage work & deliver results
Preferred Location: Greater Toronto Area
Uptake welcomes & encourages applications from all individuals, without regard to any prohibited ground of discrimination, including from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.