BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is seeking a social/video producer to adapt our Community, List, & Quiz content for TikTok. This person will work with the editorial team to coordinate, create & edit short-form social-first content across BuzzFeeds TikTok channels as well as launch new ones.
The ideal candidate is super creative & detail-oriented, as well as obsessed with internet trends & BuzzFeed Quizzes. You have a good eye for what performs well on TikTok & are interested in making content exclusively for this platform. Youre immersed in the latest trends, memes, & challenges & arent afraid to try them for yourself. Youve experimented with many different TikTok formats & have a strong intuition for what will or wont work on the platform.
- Create & implement editorial calendar for posting
- May create quizzes/lists specifically designed for TikTok platform
- Regularly posting new TikTok videos on a day-to-day basis, experimenting with different interactive formats, & quickly iterating off successful/trending content
- Find creative ways to adapt relevant archival BuzzFeed content
- Input & track data & performance.
- Work with the publishing team to leverage BuzzFeed social channels for growth
- Train/collaborate with writers to adapt content for TikTok
- Goaled on driving brand awareness for BuzzFeed Quizzes & Community, as well as driving traffic from TikTok to BuzzFeed.com
- Help maintain our collaborative BuzzFeed culture with a positive attitude & willingness to share knowledge & insights with team members
- An obsession & deep understanding of TikTok
- Enthusiasm for BuzzFeed Quizzes
- Expertise on how to reach younger audiences on social platforms
- Understanding of the digital landscape & a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms & applications
- At least one year of video editing experience in an educational or professional setting
- Photoshop skills, Adobe Premiere & Adobe Illustrator skills are a major plus
- Interest in social platforms & data
- Ability to work independently & under close direction
- Have a positive, curious, playful disposition
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.