WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
As a member of our digital editorial team, the Associate Editor, Performance Content will be responsible for ideating, writing & producing shoppable content to engage, educate & inspire The Knot Worldwides consumer audience during lifes major milestones. We are looking for a skilled & detail-oriented editor who is comfortable writing & producing content that will perform across several marketing channels, with a particular emphasis on SEO. Were looking for someone who will think strategically about how editorial content can drive conversions for our owned & operated e-commerce products as well as third-party partners. A strong work ethic, the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, a passion for learning new skills & a positive attitude are all necessities.
- Pitch, write & produce 3-4 SEO-driven articles a week that focus on driving conversions for our US wedding brands, The Knot & WeddingWire
- Work cross-departmentally to support campaigns & initiatives with editorial content that drives to internal products, such as Registry & Invitations
- Assist with content performance reporting such as monitoring traffic, SEO position ranking & conversion metrics that help our team glean insight & apply learnings to future content strategy
- Conduct extensive keyword research to track performance of existing content as well as identify new content opportunities
- Audit existing content to identify monetization opportunities & further enhance article conversion
- Provide support for major shopping events such as Black Friday; assist in coordinating strategy across marketing channels (social, email, paid)
- Conduct photo research & produce images for publishing
- Stay current on wedding, lifestyle & media industries
SUCCESSFUL ASSOCIATE EDITOR CANDIDATES HAVE:
- Bachelors degree in journalism or related field. Background in affiliate, e-commerce or consumer products a plus
- At least 2-3 years professional work experience in a job focused on writing, editing or content marketing
- Exceptional writing skills; 2-3 years professional experience writing for an online brand or digital publication
- Hands-on experience creating SEO content as well as an understanding of basic SEO best practices & keyword targeting
- Experience working in a team, as well as experience collaborating cross-functionally with other teams on projects & initiatives
- An extreme attention to detail
- Strong commitment to hitting deadlines, accuracy & professionalism
- Ability to multitask, stay organized & adapt in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity with a wealth of fun & new ideas
- An understanding of how different media consumption channels impact & inform content output
- Experience working within a CMS
- Experience with Parse.ly, Skimlinks, Google Analytics and/or other analytic tools a plus
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop or other photo editing platforms
- A good eye for design, style & trends
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. We offer a full benefits package including options for medical, dental & vision insurance & a 401k with company match. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
If you are a resident of California, by submitting your application, you acknowledge that youve read the California Privacy Notice.