At ACV Auctions, you have the opportunity to be a part of the fast-growing automotive technology company. Our team is pioneering new technology & end to end service for the automotive industry. We are committed to making ACV Auctions a leader in the automotive wholesale industry. ACV is positioned to re-engineer the way the automobile industry buys & sells used vehicles. Our employees benefit from a relaxed yet intense entrepreneurial work environment with the chance to be part of a ground floor opportunity having an impact on the companys results from day one & grow as ACV Auctions does.
As a member of the Data Team at ACV, the Analytics Engineers primary objective is to serve the needs of ACV & its customers. The primary customers of the Data team are other internal teams within ACV, whose business objectives & KPIs guide the way we understand problems & evaluate the quality of our answers.
Who we are looking for:
The Analytics Engineer is focused primarily on doing analysis for business needs & immediate queries from stakeholders on other teams. The Analytics Engineer is distinct from a Data Science Engineer or Machine Learning Engineer. A Data Science Engineer can lead projects from start to end towards more fundamental understandings of ACVs current state or business problem. A ML Engineer, while competent to do analysis & data science, is focused on more taking a predictive project where a statistical relationship can be leveraged for the benefit of a specific business need in the company.
Successful candidates will demonstrate excellent skill & maturity, be self-motivated as well as team-oriented, & have the ability to support the development & implementation of solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Those who will excel in this role will be those who listen with an ear to the overarching goal, not just the immediate concern that started the query.
Primacy will remain on the fundamentals of great questions, good process, competent analysis, clear communication, team wins, & focused contribution to the companys needs. No amount of education, training, or pedigree will substitute for a willingness to follow directions & receive feedback from the Manager of the Analytics team.
- BA/BS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Professional Experience related to job description
- Strong Experience with Python (strong emphasis on pandas, numpy, plotting)
- Strong Professional Experience with MySQL / BigQuery
- Experience with data visualization / dashboarding tools like Tableau
- Experience doing complex queries & transformations on large data set
- Good scripting & functional programming skills
- Expertise in exploratory data analysis & the basics of data-driven reasoning are a must.
- MS in Statistics, Operations Research, or similar computationally intensive degree
- Experience with distributed computation systems like Spark or Dask
- Experience on AWS or Google Cloud
What we will offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits
- Upbeat Innovated Culture
- Professional training opportunities
- Flexible schedules
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.