Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building tools that improve developer experience & productivity at DigitalOcean.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to join our IaaS Engineering organization at DigitalOcean. You will lead a team of talented software engineers as you help engineer & operationalize development productivity tools including GHE, CI/CD tooling, Artifactory & others to enable our developers to build & release products in an efficient & painless manner. You will be hands-on architecting, delivering & operating critical tools & continually measuring productivity & adoption of platform services delivered to internal customers at DO. This position works with technology managers to improve the software engineering processes & practices associated with continuously building, deploying, & updating software & environments.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Manages & drives end-to-end process design, improvements, automation & management of the release engineering practice.
- Provides analysis to inform & educate tactical & strategic need for new telemetry & tooling
- Manages & continuously improves our CI/CD pipeline & process to increase automation & adoption.
- Maintains relationships & coordinate work between different development teams at DigitalOcean
- Engages with Technical Project Manager, Tech Lead & relevant stakeholders/teams to ensure specifications for services, tools & process requirements are met
- Ensures the Infrastructure/Application & system design at project/ program level meets architectural standards
- Informs build vs buy decisions for tools & services
- Demonstrates technical leadership while promoting professional development for engineering staff through timely feedback & coaching
What Well Expect From You:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field
- 5 years of experience with DevOps in a Linux environment, preferably large compute clusters
- 5 years of experience in engineering management
- 7+ years of software design & development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, & software design
- Experience with application & service development in a cloud environment like AWS/Azure/GCP
- Python programming experience
- Proficient in platform design, architecture & administration & use of CLI tools
- Proficient in Git & similar repository management
- Experience with build systems (Makefiles/Scons), & release management tools (GHE, Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Experience with Linux management tools such as automated provisioning (puppet, razor), containers (docker), virtualization (VMware, KVM), etc. are pluses
- A strong interest & obsession with building quality software focused on enabling developers to iterate on their ideas.
- Genuine interest in DigitalOcean as a company & excitement to use our products in your projects (if you havent already!)
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!