WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of space as a service. From identifying & designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, & improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout & form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries & will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Infrastructure group is part the Developer Platform which mission is to drive our customers success by delivering the software, services, & infrastructure they need to build WeWork products. We focus on providing cross-organization dependency visibility, improving cost & efficiency to achieve the companys goals.
- Design & develop tools & services in order to accelerate & optimize developer velocity.
- Develop & maintain runtime infrastructure (compute, storage, caching, messaging).
- Implement standard methodologies & evangelize them across the company, with an emphasis on the local region.
- Development of automated tooling for handling WeWork infrastructure.
- Ensure WeWork foundation technology is reliable, highly available, efficient, performant, flexible & enable innovation.
- Regional representative of information security & compliance.
- Participation in the worldwide (SF, NY, TLV) on-call rotation for all service infrastructure components.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals
- You are passionate about scale, quality, & performance.
- You have experience
- with open source software development.
- with distributed systems & asynchronous programming
- with Linux systems & services
- with cloud providers (AWS, GCP,...)
- one or more languages such as Java, C++, Go, Python or similar.
- 6 years of data infrastructure or back-end systems experience.
- You have excellent communication & documentation skills
Nice to have
- Familiar with the cloud-native computing foundation (Kubernetes, Prometheus, Open Tracking, Fluentd, gRPC, containers, RKT, CNI, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, TUF, Vitess, CoreDNS, NATS, & istio )
- Shell scripting
- Experience building back-end services utilized by other teams
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.