Were on the hunt for a Senior Android Engineer to join our London Engineering team. In this role, you will help to help achieve our mission: transforming the way Depop connects with creative minds, by constantly delivering great user experiences on their Android devices. We're looking for someone who's eager to produce the most evocative buying & selling experience possible.
We keep investing in our technology, as well as the software architecture, & we achieve this through 3 core principles:
- We believe Kotlin is a great choice for writing robust & elegant code, but we also look for other functional languages which can inspire us.
- We believe applying solid architecture principles makes a huge difference when it comes to designing our features, supporting many engineers working on the same codebase.
- We believe in automation & we apply this in many parts of our release pipeline, giving us more time to work on features whilst celebrating a new version of our app every two weeks.
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people & smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- Design & implement new user-facing features in the Depop app
- Work closely with the design, product management & backend teams to ensure that new features are implemented efficiently & effectively.
- Write unit tests & instrumentation tests & integrate them into our CI environment to ensure the quality of code going forward.
- Refactor existing code to leverage the latest developments in the Android framework.
- Optimise the performance of the app to ensure that we have a minimum memory, CPU & data footprint.
- Educate the Depop family on the engineering challenges faced when supporting a wide range of devices with varying screen sizes, orientations & densities.
- Maintain a healthy curiosity towards other Android apps & champion ideas on what we can do to make the Depop Android app better.
- Ensure that our localisation efforts support introduction to new countries.
- Help make our app support tablets & orientation changes properly in the future.
- Integration of new SDKs when required within the app.