Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Mailchimps Operations team keeps the lights on at the company, & our security team keeps Mailchimps products & users safe. We encourage awareness of fundamental security best practices throughout the company & provide resources for others to learn more about operational & web application security.
Our Security team is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer to join them. This role consists of building & managing tools to detect & respond to systems security issues, staying up to date with the latest security vulnerabilities, & participating in incident response measures. The ideal candidate is a developed security professional with excellent communication skills & experience with tools that help find new threats. You should be a strong leader, have a keen eye for detail, & a knack for solving difficult problems. If this sounds like you & you'd like a chance to join the Mailchimp team, we'd love to hear from you.
What youll do:
- Maintain & improve logging & security monitoring infrastructure
- Patch & remediate security vulnerabilities
- Work with the larger Security team to develop initiatives
- Support compliance & audit efforts
- Collaborate with Engineering teams to secure new projects
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have working Linux experience
- You have correlated logs in a SIEM
- You have experience with security incident response
- You have excellent communication & cross-team collaboration skills
- You have scripting experience in Python or Bash
Pluses, but not requirements:
- Familiarity with Kubernetes & Containerized applications
- Familiarity with Golang
- Familiarity with AWS & GCP
- Familiarity with Puppet, Ansible, Chef, or Saltstack
- Familiarity with risk & threat assessments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.