Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000.
In addition to providing training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers and social impact investments to scale our services to more people & places of need. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation.
At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
About This Role
We are currently seeking a driven & experienced recruiter to lead talent acquisition at Pursuit. In this position, youll have the opportunity to make a tremendous impact on the development & growth of the organization. We expect our team to double in size this year, & we are looking toward national expansion over the next few years. To achieve these ambitious goals, youll work collaboratively across Pursuit to define & reach hiring targets on each team, devise & implement successful processes, & build efficient systems that serve our needs as we scale. Most importantly, youll recruit extraordinary talent, growing a diverse, world class team that can achieve extraordinary things.
Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about achieving significant hiring goals, has experience scaling during high-growth, & has deep instincts for finding & inspiring talent. Were looking for someone who shares our commitment to our mission & is excited about engaging with candidates from a wide diversity of backgrounds to help us fill roles on every team. You are motivated, flexible, creative, & charismatic, with communication skills that consistently impress. You are well-versed in full-cycle recruiting, familiar with best practices & cutting edge recruiting techniques, & eager to share your knowledge. Most importantly, you are a thoughtful & efficient team-builder who carefully identifies the best candidates, ensures outstanding candidate experience, & cultivates high achieving teams.
- Role scoping & hiring process
- Partner with hiring managers to scope positions & review comparable market roles
- Write compelling & informative job descriptions
- Devise efficient interview processes, including defining stakeholder roles, developing scorecards, creating questions for each interview stage, & developing work prompts
- Create ideal candidate profiles, identify targets, & source candidates
- Build pipeline & connect with talent using channels such as, LinkedIn, Pursuit networks, community events, & other active recruitment techniques
- Qualify & assess candidates in phone screens & in-person interviews
- Coordinate & schedule interviews for other members of the Pursuit team
- Systematize hiring processes
- Define standard interview processes & train hiring managers in best practices & recruitment strategies
- Develop job description library, general values scorecard, & communication templates
- Track, measure, & analyze hiring process, using data to make decisions & optimize hiring processes
- Own ATS & train staff to effectively utilize ATS
- Strategic leadership
- Partner with Pursuit management team to develop hiring plans & set recruiting strategies to achieve goals
- Provide insight & data regarding wage & salary trends & market dynamics
- Distribute metrics & provide performance reporting
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience scaling a team during a time of rapid growth
- Natural relationship builder with strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Commitment to building diverse, inclusive, & highly-talented teams
- Extremely empathetic, with an ability to successfully gauge candidate skills & suitability for different types of roles
- Flexible, creative, & oriented toward growth
- Enthusiasm for & experience with making data-driven decisions
- Experience developing & documenting systems & processes, implementing change, & collaborating with employees at all levels to ensure systems are utilized
- Trustworthy & capable of handling confidential information
- Organized, & able to prioritize, develop realistic timelines, & achieve goals in a start-up environment with competing demands
- Passionate about Pursuits mission
Our Values & Culture
At Pursuit, we operate as One Big Team, supporting one another & ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members & volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values underscore everything we do.
Giving Our All: We have a strong moral & ethical purpose. It's a privilege to have the responsibility of our daily work & immense impact on the world. Our purpose coupled with exceptional passion creates a high sense of urgency & deep commitment to our students, to our community, & to each other.
Delivering Outcomes: Because our students deserve it, because our investors expect it, & because each of us demand it. We work with the best -- & we are immeasurably grateful for the time, resources, skill, & care that every member of our community invests in our mission. We earn their faith in us, renew their commitment, & thank them by delivering outcomes to each & every one of our stakeholders.
Data Driven, Human Judgment: We cant manage anything we cant measure. Data & analysis give definition & ownership to what we do. Evidenced-based decision making allows us to understand our impact & improve over time. At the same time, our work is about what things could be. We are driven by the potential of humanity & the faith in whats possible. Our work is about beating the odds & overcoming the counterfactual.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, & a fun & active workplace that includes drinks, snacks, & fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.