We are hiring a Director, Synch & Brand Partnerships in New York to join our global synch team. The Director will be responsible for proactively & creatively pitching Kobalt's roster for synch opportunities in Film, TV, Trailers, & Advertisements that are based on the eastern portion of the US. This individual will also be responsible for securing & negotiating synch licenses. The role is based in New York & report to the SVP, Commercial Synch & Brand Partnerships.
Founded in 2000 by Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt is creating the music company of the future. Kobalt is a global music & technology company built for artists, songwriters, publishers & labels as an alternative to the traditional music business model. Kobalt have built the technology infrastructure to enable better reporting & for artists to maintain ownership & control over how their work is distributed, tracked, collected, & monetized. This global technology platform can track & collect royalties for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
This is an established yet fast growing creator-centric company of artists & songwriters including The Chainsmokers, Kelly Clarkson, Miles Davis, Dave Grohl, Lauv, Zayn Malik, Max Martin, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Paul McCartney, Stevie Nicks, Pitbull, Elvis Presley, Skrillex, Sam Smith, & many more. Kobalt represents on average over 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in both the US & UK.
Were currently 640 people based across 13 offices & were still growing!
WHAT DOES A DIRECTOR OF SYNCH AT KOBALT DO?
- Facilitate, negotiate, & close all levels of film, television & advertising-related licensing deals for the Kobalt roster of publishing & label clients
- Proactively solicit & pitch Kobalt-administered compositions & AWAL recordings to advertising agencies, brands, music supervisors, music editors, producers
- Procure & implement strategic partnerships for Kobalt clients with brands, television networks, production companies, etc.
- Create & maintain a contact database of the key music decision makers & partners at advertising agencies, brands, Film & TV production companies, television networks, etc.
- Implement & execute an effective synch strategy to achieve quarterly & yearly fiscal targets set by your supervisor(s)
- Work closely with the team to Implement & manage a creative synch strategy for that align with release marketing plans as well as for catalog clients
- Be available to travel to key markets to meet & maintain relationships with key music decision makers
- Proactively reach out to Kobalts writers/artists to maintain & foster good client relations as well as keep them up to date on the current synch & brand landscape
- Provide contact base with creative music pitches upon request & respond to licensing requests in a timely manner(within 24 hours)
- Manage licensing deals & pitches in Kobalts internal database
- Attend Kobalt meetings as needed as a representative of the synch team
- Update internal executives, artist/writer representatives on current licensing deals
- Stay abreast of new music from writer/artist signings
- Organize meetings for writers/artists upon request
- Organize, manage & implement showcases for artists who are in cycle
- Attend Kobalt artist/writer live shows, events, showcases regularly
- Be available to attend key events, conferences as deemed necessary by your supervisor(s)
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 5+ years experience in synch and/or brand partnerships within the music industry
- An entrepreneurial spirit, with an ability to work independently & as part of a team
- Must possess excellent organization, communication & selling skills
- Strong oral & written communications skills
- Must have very strong customer relations, demonstration & presentation skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Must have a passion for & deep knowledge of music
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.