Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- You will be accountable for measuring Infrastructure Delivery processesand measuring the contribution or valueof thearchitecture designed to business goals objectives
- You'll be responsible for leading critical platform infrastructure engineering efforts in analyzing & translating business information & technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve business objectives
- You'll work with application & infrastructure teams to review or produce optimal, high level designs
- You'll conduct proof-of-concept projects to validate new feature sets & 3rd party technologies
- Youwill analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses & develop opportunities for
continuous improvement such as improving business processes, expanding capacity, reducing cost & increasing effectiveness
Because you already have the ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems you will also:
- Document all solution architecture design & analysis work
- Interface with internal IT management leadership, technical leadership & external requestors as a strategic value-add point to improve IT for completeness, consistency, availability, satisfaction, & to deliver quality services
- Lead & establish system requirements, designs/architecture & manage critical infrastructure deliverables while driving Technology Standards
- Utilize data-driven approaches & methodologies to reduce IT process gaps & enhance process effectiveness through automation
- Monitor the processes, policies, procedures & standards applicability, effectiveness & efficiency
- Ability to review complex processes, manage customer service & provide regular technical reports both verbal & statistical showing status of ongoing projects & goals.
- Lead Continuous Availability programs & initiativesfor specific platforms to strengthen resiliency & recovery capabilities to 5'9s
- Minimum12+ years of experience in a Infrastructure Engineering or software Developmentrole for Platform Services with a preference for 3 years in a Solutions Architectural role.
- Bachelor's with preference for Master Degreein Engineering or Computer Science with relevant industry experience
- Underrstanding of Application Architecture is highly preferable
- Preference for Systems Engineeringbackgroundwith focus to Hadoop based platforms(compute, middleware, DB, and/or storage engineering)
- Demonstrable ability to deliver results with large-scale & cross-functional teams leveraging efficient processes via automation
- Superior analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor; including financial modeling skills
- Expertise in information technology industry with HA & High Volume processing environments
- Superior communication (written/verbal), presentation, & facilitation skills
- Familiar with ITIL concepts; especially Service Design & Service Orientation
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.