KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
Senior Project Accountant
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual to be part of our accounting team. The successful candidate will have good basic operational accounting experience & is committed to professional growth within Katerra. The candidate should have knowledge of a large ERP systems (SAP preferred), project accounting systems, as well as experience with process improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support an accurate & timely monthly close within the corporate deadlines
- Collect detailed explanation for variances in month & quarterly numbers
- Investigate all project costs to ensure appropriately & accurately coded to the project
- Correct expenses that are not reflexed appropriately in the general ledger
- Create & post journal entries with supporting documentation
- Calculate monthly accruals by project, by working with project managers
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for certain design general ledger accounts in accordance with policy
- Investigate all project expenses not billed to customers & identify any opportunities for extra billing for projects
- Reconcile extensive intercompany transactions with other group companies
- Establish strong partnerships with all extended teams in Scottsdale/Phoenix as well as other Katerra offices including Corporate & Design head office in Atlanta
- Establish strong well-defined efficient processes & internal controls (including SOX) for all areas of responsibilities
- Provide timely support & guidance to all ad hoc requests
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years' experience in project accounting in a construction, architecture or engineering company
- Ability to develop good working relationships with immediate team as well as the extended team
- Experience in identifying & driving process improvements & implementing controls
- Solid leadership skills required & ability to interface & collaborate with senior executive management
- Experience of working in the architecture/construction Industry will be an added advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, knowledge & PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working in an ERP environment. SAP preferred.
- Experience with a project management system, Deltek Ajera is a preferred
- Highest standards of accuracy & precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven & self-motivated
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.