As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Do you have a passion for crafting & delivering amazing insights that produce impactful business outcomes? Do you seek out challenging work that will flex your intellectual muscles? If you do andyou like to collaborate with similar minded people, the Global Consumer Insights team has animmediate opening for a Director, Client Insights based at our Foster City campus.
Thisperson will work closely with financial institutions & merchant clients along with the Visa salesand consulting organizations. As part of the Global Consumer Insights team, the Director - Client Insights will be responsible for cultivating & maintaining consultative-based relationships with partners across designated business lines. You will work with businesses to identify opportunities for growth within a consumers' wallet & present emerging consumer spending behavioral trends that support business development while strengthening relationships with key external clients. The successful candidate must be a self-starter, curious, analytical & creative in their thinking; & must have an expert level of knowledge of market research, analysis & insight generation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Consumer Behavior, Psychology, Marketing, or Statistics required with10 years of work experience in a fast moving global environment working in a market research capacity or business analytics. or 8 years of work experience with an advanced degree (MBA/ Master's Degree)
- Bachelor's Degree in Consumer Behavior, Marketing, Statistics, plus applicable plus 10+ years in business analytics, measurements, SAS, SPSS, SQL, Tableau or R preferred. We are looking for a strong analytic thinker with solid critical thinking & consulting skills. The successful candidate will have:
- 10-12+ years' experience managing primary quantitative & qualitative market research at a large global organization or with a leading, global respected market research agency. (prefer blend of client & vendor side experience)
- Experience managing large market research tracking programs.
- You have a background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending
- You are well versed in analyzing & synthesizing qualitative & quantitative information, with a demonstrated success in using research to drive insights & strategic implications that lead to business decisions
- Ability to transition easily from a technical research perspective to practical business considerations
- You are highly effective written & verbal communication skills including the ability to present with impact; must have the ability to translate complex analyses into easily digestible stories for senior management consumption;
- You have strong communication skills & executive presence
- You are well organized, proactive, curious, as well as detailed & solution oriented looking for ways to contribute added value; Possess strong planning, problem solving, teamwork & relationship-building skills
- You will work closely with the vendor in management of the Payment Panel (Visa's consumer spending tracking program) to monitor quality, performance & delivery of key commitments, manage budgets & timelines.
- In partnership with the vendor, you will perform tasks on sample & quota management, surveys & change control logs, data governance, system infrastructure for the Payment Panel.
- You will create, propose & implement high-impact Payment Panel improvement recommendations
- You will extract actionable business insights from the Payment Panel by identifying spending behavior trends & building deliverables that clearly communicate the findings & recommendations
- You will independently use a consultative approach with senior business partners & provide consumer insights that add value to financial institutions & merchants & enhance Visa's sales efforts by leveraging the behavioral data from the Payment Panel & other sources of data (primary, secondary & syndicated research)
- You will present insights POVs to internal audiences & externally to key clients throughout the US on a quarterly basis
- You will build & maintain relationships with internal business partners, including marketing, sales, consulting & product innovation
- You will act as the thought leader for the sales & consulting areas by leveraging the Payment Panel & bringing to bear third party industry & internal knowledge across studies on key business issues/topics
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones & computers), reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Travel Requirements: The incumbent may be required to travel up to 20%
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.