The CX Curator of Vibes will support the Customer Experience & Facilities teams by overseeing all aspects of maintenance & organization of the work space, & handling a wide range of administrative & executive support related tasks.
The ideal candidate has experience in front office operations, maintaining continuity across local stakeholder teams by communicating facility/operational actions, irregularities, & continuing needs, as well as proactively identifying & resolving potential issues prior to occurrence. The ideal candidate is organized, adaptable, flexible & energized by the multiple challenges that come with supporting a growing staff.
As the team member responsible for ensuring the day-to-day functioning of the office, this person will be accountable for leveraging facility SOPs, identifying clear budgets, timelines, service level updates & other needs to successfully support the Away team.
What & Who You Are:
- Manage all aspects of office life, including its general organization & maintenance to ensure a productive, collaborative work space
- Manage local-workplace budget to diligently track spend & identify cost-saving opportunities
- Align standard operating procedures with Corporate standards, & revise accordingly to best understand, & fit, the needs of the onsite team - your primary customers.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Areas of facility oversight include
- Shipping & deliveries
- Storage coordination
- Kitchen procedures
- Maintenance requests
- Areas of customer support/coordination include
- Fostering a positive & enthusiastic environment for our internal Away team
- Excellent communicator, able to listen well & understand the needs of the business
- Overseeing visitor coordination
- Facilitate guest arrival & sign-in
- Receive & distribute parcel & mail
- Manage relationships with all office-related vendors & stakeholders (i.e. Landlord, Janitorial services, food/beverage providers & deliveries, handymen & overall facility maintenance/support
- Purchase & manage inventory of office supplies, furniture, office snacks
- Coordinating, & providing support to, Aways People Operations team members, with onboarding of each new Away team member by managing related logistics
- Seating availability
- IT desk setup
- Order supplies for their first day
- Manage Office inbox for site
- Offboarding coordination with the People Operations team
- Ordering snacks for the week & stocking the fridge & pantry on a recurring basis
- Proactively approach the facilities day-to-day operation to ensure the smooth running of the site, & coverage of all associates needs
- Manage site budget tracker for food & supplies
- Coordinate any office moves
What the Culture & Engagement Team Does:
- Ordering weekly Friday lunch
- In person onboarding (including scheduling)
- Assisting the People Operations team with building new team member fluency in all things Away from Social Impact to Product & Content, running our Away Ambassador program, on-boarding activities & helping teams set clear expectations & strong foundations for working relationships that are inclusive & tailored to set individuals up for success
- Celebrate launches
- Give life to core values
- Team Love
- ERG oversight & alignment
- Set the strategy & execute the tactics to appropriately & authentically recognize & appreciate our employees as our team is our most valuable asset
- Support Aways culture by
- 1. planning team celebrations like birthdays, anniversaries, & team lunches in ways that are scalable yet personalized
- 2. continually evaluating our space to identify ways to make it more inclusive to the evolving needs of our team
- Promote a culture of effective feedback, open communication, trust & respect
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!