BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed is looking for a dynamic, entrepreneurial, digital executive with a passion for digital media, social media & content-driven advertising.
As one of the Team Leaders within the Liv Mega-vertical, you will help define our business, deliver on our revenue goals & drive results for our Clients in the Financial Services, CPG, QSR & Pharmaceutical Categories -- which will include developing new revenue streams through partnerships or product modifications & new products. You will work closely with our product, creative service, & client service teams to ensure that programs are implemented to maximum long-term client satisfaction. You will attract & retain the talent required to deliver upon the revenue goals, liaising with our editorial team as needed. You should have a track record of success & an entrepreneurial mindset that will allow you to navigate the fast-changing digital media landscape.
- Work with key stakeholders, developing a near & long-term revenue vision for the verticals.
- Lead & manage a team of Account Executives & Account Directors in order to execute.
- Reach & exceed revenue goals
- Track & forecast revenue for entire domestic team while maintaining an accurate pipeline
- Prospect, penetrate & create new relationships with advertising agencies & clients
- Develop C-level relationships with clients, agencies, platforms, & partners
- Provide feedback to our product & business teams about in-market needs
- Be a liaison on behalf of the Sales organization to establish & maintain internal relationships with leadership across BuzzFeed
- Work with Content team to develop an understanding of development & distribution to scale custom solutions & push innovation
- Partner with Creative team to help produce award-winning creative for our clients
- Work closely with Marketing & PR to build BuzzFeed's presence within the industry through press, speaking engagements, outreach to clients, etc.
- Identify & understand trends within social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data & use it to effectively grow the business
- 10+ years overall experience & 5+ years of digital media experience at a leading publisher or social media platform
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, creating new business & growing & retaining existing business
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills & an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- A strong understanding of social ad Products, Social platform distribution, Display Media, Programmatic, Online Video & OTT
- Passionate about social advertising & new media
- Demonstrable knowledge of the online advertising industry
- Ability to work in a fast moving company & industry
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.