As an International Supply Chain Waste Manager, you will join the Global Supply Chain & Sustainability team to lead data-driven food & packaging waste reduction & lean production initiatives throughout our international markets.
As part of your responsibilities you will roll out an international methodology to identify, appropriately track & reduce waste per euro revenue while uncovering new opportunities to further develop lean principles across our value chain (Warehouse teams, Ops, & Procurement).
Using Lean & Muda principles to minimize food & packaging waste, you will actively drive & shape the development of a more sustainable supply chain by efficiently lowering waste levels & applying new technologies to support a green growth of our operations.
What you'll do
- As an International Supply Chain Waste Manager, you will work in our Global Supply Chain Team & Sustainability team, collaborating with local & global stakeholders to launch targeted food & packaging waste reduction initiatives across our entire value chain from procurement to logistics
- You will work with culinary teams to improve recipe sustainability using ingredient carbon data.
- You will collaborate with suppliers & procurement teams to improve buffer management.
- You will be involved on the ground at our distribution centers to combat inventory & packaging waste.
- You will coordinate with non-profit partners on utilizing excess ingredients for socially impactful projects.
- You will closely collaborate with our SCM Analytics team, where you will be responsible for ensuring best in class waste data & process standardisation.
- You will be responsible for rolling out & coordinating robust waste tracking & reduction capabilities at our HelloFresh Distribution Centers.
- You will support food & packaging waste reductions, tracking of waste processing costs, & transition to more sustainable waste disposal options.
- You will drive continuous improvement initiatives with stakeholders from warehouse operations, food safety & procurement
What you'll bring
- Degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or a sustainability-related field from a top tier university.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience (consulting, sustainability, operations) with experience driving sustainability-related projects preferred.
- Robust analytical ability, yet "hands-on" mentality.
- Attention to detail & process orientation.
- Six sigma or similar qualifications are appreciated.
- Fluent English skills (German / Dutch / Swedish / French a plus) & ease with working in a truly international environment.
- Willingness to frequently travel to our international offices & production facilities to work in close collaboration with the local teams (~30%).
- Team player, with excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- True self-starters & creators (instead of administrators)
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice & the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, & Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly & we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets & brand portfolio, but also in new geographies & new brands. Join us & play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.