Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about teaching developers.
The Community Developer Education team raises awareness of DigitalOcean within the broader developer community by contributing approachable, high-quality learning resources on a variety of DevOps & open source topics.
We are a growing team & are looking to bring on new & talented developer educators for a variety of challenging, technical positions. All members of the Developer Education team are united by a strong technical background, an interest in teaching & helping developers, & a passion for creating the most useful learning materials possible.
If you feel that you have the background & knowledge for a developer education position, wed love to talk to you & see where theres a fit!
What You'll Be Doing:
- Building out curricula for developers, creating new learning resources across media including educational tutorials, interactive tutorials, & materials for presentations & hackathons & supporting new multimedia initiatives in areas such as video
- Strategizing the best opportunities to connect with developers & students to deliver learning materials successfully
- Working collaboratively across the DigitalOcean marketing team to produce learning resources on a variety of topics related to open source & distributed infrastructure
- Researching to establish a working knowledge of each topic
- Maintaining existing resources by updating content where appropriate
- Participating in Community initiatives (feature launch prep work, strategic tasks, etc.)
- Assisting other teams with building out learning resources
What We'll Expect From You:
- Experience teaching & presenting technical topics either in classrooms or at meetups & developer events
- Deep understanding of DevOps Engineering & / or Software Development. Formal education in Computer Science or deep independent learning in the field is a plus
- Experience in instructional design or curriculum development
- Excellent written & verbal English communication skills
- Strong research skills & ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Interest in working on multimedia & interactive content
- Experience working closely with marketing teams (and other departments) is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!