Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About Our Product:
Foursquares location intelligence platform is used by over 150,000 developers including Microsoft, Uber, Samsung & Twitter. We also increasingly power location solutions for marketers & advertisers. Both solo developers & the worlds largest tech enterprises use our suite comprised of a world-class places database (100M+ POIs), location technology, location insights & analytics, real-time feeds & APIs (including snap-to-place), & other products to build precise geo-context to their native experiences, solve specific large-scale business problems & generate new revenue streams.
About This Role:
Foursquares Client Solutions Engineering team is the face of Foursquare. As a Client Solutions Engineer on our Marketing Platform team, you will work closely with our core product & engineering teams, business development team, as well as partners, to define, launch & scale major features on our platform. You will engage with some of the worlds most cutting-edge & influential technology companies in building new features to integrate into our products.
Location preference: Location can be flexible in any of the following cities: NYC or SEA
- Manage technical relationships with partners
- Gather technical requirements from partners & proactively manage technical expectations for new features in development
- Communicate with our product & engineering teams; help them to understand larger issues we should be solving broadly in our platform
- Troubleshoot partner technical issues in real-time
- Develop sample code, tools, & documentation to help us experiment & scale
- 1-2+ years in software development (including internships), or experience as a Sales Engineer
- Strong communication & collaboration skills
- Must demonstrate solid, in-depth understanding of data processing best practices & have experience troubleshooting technical issues
- Experience building applications or services using variety of 3rd parties (AWS, Heroku, Azure, Facebook, Google Cloud, etc)
- Exposure to building out commercial software using at least one of the following languages: Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Previous experience with SaaS marketing & sales tools, is a plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Economics/Statistics, or related field
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.