GROUP NINE is looking for a highly creative Beauty Art Director that excels in visual storytelling for graphic design, typography, photography, video, social media & motion graphics focusing on beauty & cosmetics. Working closely with the VP, Creative Director, the Beauty Art Director will be an integral part of spearheading art direction for a major cosmetics brand as an agency partner to Brandshop. The Beauty Art Director must be passionate about concepting & executing creative social media content strategy for beauty & cosmetics. This role must excel at balancing brand & product visuals with a goal to elevate the overall aesthetic. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with exquisite taste & vision, who can produce innovative & unique solutions to creative challenges.
A TYPICAL WEEK LOOKS LIKE:
- Lead visual strategy & creative concepts for a range of design, photography & video for various advertising, marketing, social, & product categories, for use across multiple channels.
- Art direct & execute a range of creative solutions for photo & video shoots including still-life, product, swatches, & on-figure.
- Develop visually stunning concepts, content, & viral designs for marketing and social media based on product launches, collections, & marketing priorities.
- Must be active & knowledgeable of all social media platforms of the social experience, user interface, & asset creation for platforms including Facebook, Instagram (IG/Reels), Pinterest, TikTok, Tumblr, & YouTube.
- Collaborate with internal & client creative teams, agency services, marketing teams, & talent agencies with a focus on building positive client relationships.
- Create & maintain an internal database of artists, illustrators, stylists & photographers, & producers.
- Collaborate with talent agency partners to leverage networks & connections for casting, with a focus on street casting to find the most authentic faces & voices.
- Own the 360 production of creative & campaign work to ensure creative quality, integrity, & consistency for the brand.
- Effectively lead, mentor, & nurture a team of designers by providing art direction, design management, & career development.
THE NEXT GREAT ART DIRECTOR WILL HAVE:
- REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of art direction & design work. Any candidates that do not provide a portfolio link will automatically be rejected.
- 5+ years of design & art direction experience focused in beauty, fashion, & lifestyle with cosmetic brands, publishing, or design & creative agencies.
- Knowledge & experience in retail & consumer facing beauty brands.
- Drive for innovation & proactively seek knowledge in latest visual storytelling, design & typography trends, social platforms, & industry best practices.
- Must possess a positive, flexible, & collaborative attitude.
- Design with a sophisticated youthful & trendy aesthetic with a keen eye for beauty, fashion, & lifestyle photography & digital design & typography.
- Clear & effective communication skills in articulating concepts & presenting ideas to clients & leadership.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, time management, & photo shoot budgeting with the ability to execute within timelines.
- Must be seasoned in establishing new workflows & creative processes.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), & presentation design skills using Google Slides & Keynote.
Evening, weekend, & occasional offsite work is required as needed.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted.
We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.