At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
About the Team:
Our Infrastructure team is smart, pragmatic, & entrepreneurial. We practice continuous improvements & process management techniques to put quality into everything we do. We cross-functionally service the Rent the Runway business & support multiple departments across IT, Engineering, Product, Security, Compliance & the Business.
About the Job:
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will spearhead & manage our technology initiatives in the realm of infrastructure. You will be responsible for building & developing tooling, policies, & processes to build Rent The Runway to higher levels of scale, & performance. You will lead assigned projects, & be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives. Ultimately be tasked with maturing existing ways of site reliability..
What You'll Do:
- We are currently starting our path towards migrating our infrastructure to a multi-cloud tenancy. As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for several technical deliverables, working together with our Staff Engineers & Architects.
- You will be responsible for implementing new systems to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers & own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce stellar technical specs & documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, & will identify opportunities for reducing toil & avoiding technical debt to reduce support & operations load on the team.
- 5+ years of experience in an SRE or DevOps role, preferably in a hybrid infrastructure & cloud environment - traditional Data Center / COLO with Cloud Platforms
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Scripting proficiency essential. Java//Go proficiency is more of a bonus.
- You have in-depth knowledge of Linux operating systems & have experience with hypervisors, Linux containers & orchestration managers
- You have experience with a configuration management tool for automation & workflow development.
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise & clear.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & well-being of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.