Harrys started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harrys has expanded to Canada & Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, & Headquarters, & made our first brand acquisition with Lum.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, the Harrys team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback.
Harrys is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays & Thursdays, & fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, & drinks everyday. Cant forget the free products & the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About The Team
The Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team at Harrys is a part of Global Finance & is responsible for analyzing, presenting & forecasting the financial & business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harrys brand in North America,UK & EU, our private label & manufacturing business in Germany as well as new brands as we expand.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical & collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization will work directly with the Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis & the VP of Finance & Strategy on consolidated company analysis: this includes supporting our company-wide quarterly forecasting cycles at the consolidated level, driving our long-term-planning processes, & helping to own our functional budgets. More importantly, this is an opportunity that affords significant exposure & impact on senior level corporate finance & strategy for our family of high-growth consumer brands.
What you will accomplish
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Own the preparation of & drive continuous improvement in our monthly financial results reporting & analysis to provide senior leadership with insights on variances, trends, & potential risks & opportunities
- Analyze performance at both the segment & consolidated level full P&L & cash flow in part by becoming a power-user of our financial planning system
- Support the CEO/co-founders & CFO in the production of presentations for internal & external stakeholders including our BOD, investors & lenders
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Own budgeting & quarterly re-forecasting for our corporate functional lanes & provide financial guidance & support for our functional leaders to dissect spend & track back to forecast
- Coordinate with key cross functional partners to derive financial forecast including our operational teams
- Maintain & quantify risks & opportunities in business performance & conduct scenario & sensitivity analysis
- Support the annual budgeting & quarterly reforecasting processes by providing visibility on growth, profitability & liquidity at the consolidated level
- Strategic Cross-Functional Initiatives & Ad Hoc Projects
- Evaluate a range of potential strategic & operational cases for impact on our consolidated financials, for both internal & external stakeholders
- Support deep dives & initiatives across the P&L (revenue, product & distribution costs, margin & opex)
This should describe you
- 4-6 years of total work experience in Corporate FP&A or sell side equity research; CPG or other consumer-facing vertical is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements, & has advanced skills in modeling them in Excel - familiar with indexes, conditional list, arrays, pivots, charts, lookups, & macros
- Prior experience with financial planning or ERP systems (e.g. SAP, TM1, Hyperion, Adaptive, Anaplan, etc), & a strong aptitude & interest in learning & understanding those data flows in order to structure & distill the reporting of that data is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing data & presenting conclusions & recommendations to stakeholders
- Great at building trust & gaining support across the organization
- Passionate about consumer businesses & motivated to learn all aspects of a high-growth brand, arent afraid to get into the details
- Able to balance the big picture with the details, & can take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Direct, honest, & supportive in communications & takes ownership of the accuracy, reliability & relevance of your work
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
- Nuanced communicator with fantastic presentation skills who can independently own & drive projects
- Fully embraces working in a fast-paced & dynamic environment & is not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities & tight deadlines
Heres Who Youll Work With
- Report to the Senior Manager of Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis but work within highly collaborative FP&A & Finance teams
- Work directly with VPs & leaders across the company
- Significant direct exposure to the CFO, CEO/co-founders & senior leadership team
- Work daily with the members of the Treasury, Accounting & Operations teams but with frequent & unparalleled interaction with all company departments & functions globally
Benefits & perks
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harrys
- Unlimited PTO & flexible working hours
- Wellness & L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL & virtual events including happy hours, team building events, & parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.