WHAT YOU'LL DO
Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our expanding Storefront Engineering Team in New York. This person is someone who inspires engineers to build scalable & sophisticated systems that synthesize data from thousands of brands & millions of consumers, to deliver an engaging real-time experience to users on the go. You enjoy an agile, fast-paced environment that has a start-up feel but is part of something much larger, impactful, collaborative, & exciting.
We're currently modernizing our technical stack & need motivated contributors to drive our technology forward. On the frontend you'll be able to contribute on modern React & Typescript single page applications. On the backend you'll be able to utilize containerization, AWS cloud native architectures & a highly concurrent JVM based environment to build services that handle problems at scale among 35+ million users.
Theres no better time to be involved in the technical advancement of e-commerce at Rue Gilt Groupe. We utilize world-class technology, merchandising, & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand. Luxury at affordable prices with cutting edge technology making it all possible.
In this role you will
- Lead future development & architecture for our consumer facing e-Commerce website.
- Align & drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet stage work to deliver value incrementally.
- Deliver fast user experience for our desktop & mobile web users, utilizing python, django, backbone Elasticsearch, & other cutting-edge technologies.
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers & product managers to deliver rapid value.
- Negotiate with & manage stakeholders across multiple business & technology teams.
- Collaborate directly with the companys CTO & technology leadership.
- Mentor & coach technical team members.
YOU'LL WORK WITH:
The Storefront Engineering Team at Rue Gilt Groupe has four vertical project teams (Product Catalog, BeMo, Pathfinder, Royale) that work on various work streams that transform our firms top private sale e-commerce destinations: Rue La La, Gilt, Gilt City, & SIMON Shop Premium Outlets. Rue Gilt Groupe Storefront Engineering Team transforms our user experience & drives $1 Billion annual sales & in delighting 35 Million+ members. Rue Gilt Groupe employs leading-edge technologies & specialized experts in product design & development, data analytics, & customer delivery to provide best-in-class experience.
- Bachelors Degree desired, but not required
- 7-10+ Years of relevant experience
- Extensive SaaS experience, consumer facing preferred
- A drive to iterate architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Experience with modern objected-oriented development, dynamic language preferred
- Experience leading an Agile/Scrum development team
- A love of learning & teaching
- USA Based
- Fluency in English
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills to interact with internal & external stakeholder while working in a collaborative team environment
Location: Preference for Boston based candidates, but open to hiring in New York, Chicago, Toronto, & Atlanta locations. USA based candidate remote flexibility.
Rue Gilt Groupes Technology Department is an integral part of the companys strategy to develop new content & offerings that deliver superior value & sustained impact. Rue Gilt Groupes technology is responsible for the full lifecycle of proprietary data & software assets, from initial business case to roadmap delivery, launch, go-to-market, & ongoing support operations.
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to create the most engaging & satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 35+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La & Gilt for everything from women, men & children's apparel & accessories to home dcor & exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other