VICE is seeking a communications & public relations professional to help lead our efforts promoting VICEs news divisions which include: VICENews.com, VICE News Tonight the Emmy award-winning half-hour nightly newscast & VICE News multi award-winning long-form documentary unit.
This position will serve as a key member of the VICE news communications team & help build the strategic direction to. Success will be measured by this persons understanding of the news environment ability to position VICE news as a leader & a household name in news. Were looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit, an insatiable curiosity & a drive to tell the VICE story.
- Develop & execute communications strategy for VICE News, proactively pitch media appearances & stories & handle in-bound press requests.
- Identify appropriate third-party commentary topics, trends & news agenda items in order to proactively reach out to reporters to secure interview opportunities & media coverage
- Secure daily press coverage on television, radio, print, & digital outlets.
- Secure public-facing opportunities for VICE News talent & executives.
- Produce communications materials, including press releases, media alerts, brand announcements, etc.
- Develop & maintain relationships with key reporters, producers & bookers.
- Develop & main relationships with key stakeholders including NGOs, charities & advocacy groups
- Maintain good working relationships with VICE News distribution partners.
- Drive awards submission strategy
- Liaise with & prepare key VICE stakeholders in booking public & press appearances.
- Bachelor of Arts degree , ideally in Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- 5+ years minimum experience in communications for news, documentaries, current affairs, preferably in a media, entertainment, or other similar work environment
- Understanding of US media, a strong sense of what makes a good feature or news angle, & good relationships among media bookers & journalists.
- Passion for VICE brand
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunities : VICE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that strives to create & maintain a workplace that celebrates inclusion & diversity. At VICE, we understand that inclusion & diversity is a major benefit to our employees, our readers & viewers, & our company culture. We treat all applicants & employees fairly without regard to age, alienage or citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity & expression, marital status & partnership status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion/creed, sexual orientation, arrest or conviction record, caregiver status, credit history, unemployment status, salary history, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking & sex offenses, status as a veteran or active military service member, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. VICE requires that all employees have proper authorization to work in the U.S. Should an applicant require employment sponsorship, VICE will determine, in its sole discretion, whether such sponsorship will be provided. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act or other applicable state or local laws.
*Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily, with or without a reasonable accommodation. The requirements & essential functions described above are not an exhaustive list & instead are meant to describe the general nature & level of work required of the job. VICE reserves the right to modify the essential functions of this position where a legitimate business exists.
To all recruitment agencies: Unless otherwise indicated, VICE does not accept agency resumes & is not responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes.