Flexport is reinventing global trade.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year. With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with passionate & resourceful team members who are in it together.
The Legal department has grown alongside the business & we're looking for the next addition to our legal team who will support the legal department & the Company globally in areas such as Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) system administration, contract review, & ensuring adherence to contract review processes.
As Contracts Administrator, youll join a small & mighty global team & report to the Head of Legal Operations & Chief of Staff. You will also regularly partner with commercial, regulatory & litigation attorneys within the department, as well as directly with the General Counsel on various projects.
This position requires previous experience with CLM system administration, contract review, & driving CLM process & best practices. This position requires excellent project management skills, the ability to wear multiple hats & multi-task, strong attention to detail, strong document management focus, & the ability to collaborate across multiple teams. This role is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology, driving process, excellent problem-solving skills, & an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment that requires cross-functional collaboration across the legal & business teams.
- Serve as the global legal teams CLM system administrator
- Work with legal & business teams to identify new contract review workflows & iterate on existing workflows
- Work with legal & business teams to gather & document contract review workflow business requirements
- Liaise with technology, finance, & other stakeholder teams (including third party consulting firms) on design & implementation of new CLM workflows
- Prepare & maintain training materials & best practices documentation on CLM workflows & system functionality
- Run regular audits to ensure data integrity & accuracy & that best practices & processes are being followed
- Design, generate, & distribute reports based on legal & business team requirements
- Manage contract templates
- Identify & troubleshoot system issues. Provide recommendations & resolution options to stakeholders.
- Serve as legal team main point of contact for all contract review process questions & ensure that processes are being followed
- Participate in negotiating & modifying various contracts including, but not necessarily limited to, Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs)
- Help advance Legal Operations team projects, driving to on-time & on-budget results
- Assist with process design efforts in support of the Legal team & its internal clients
- Assist with the centralized management of Legal team process documentation & provide ongoing support for ensuring documentation is up-to-date
- Assist in identification, implementation, & administration of new Legal department tools & technology solutions including, but not limited to, contract management & knowledge management software
- Assist with leveraging existing technologies to develop new use cases
- Assist with compiling Legal department analytics & reporting on key metrics
- Assist with legal vendor management & oversight
- Support & manage various ad hoc projects within the department as they arise
- Train new team members on Legal department technology, processes, & best practices
You should have/be:
- Bachelors degree required
- Juris Doctor degree a plus
- 5 years of relevant experience, 3-5 years of working in a legal environment such as a law firm, in-house legal department, or legal consulting practice
- Experience administering DocuSign CLM a strong plus
- Strong analytical & logical problem solving skills
- Exceptional Excel & Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills with proven ability to develop & maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills to interact with both internal clients & colleagues as well as external parties (external counsel, strategic partners, auditors, regulators, investors) while addressing complex issues in an accurate, clear, & thorough manner
- Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
- Consummate team player with excellent legal & business judgment
- High level of professionalism; ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with appropriate care.
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Competent in handling multiple tasks in a changing environment with attention to detail, & perform duties with minimal supervision
- Desire to gain strong institutional knowledge about department & company processes
- Strategic thinker, capable of being creative & defining new innovations & services
- Collaborative, solutions-oriented mindset
- Ability to work as a team member of the legal department in a scalable, autonomous & accountable manner, demonstrating flexibility across deal types & time zones
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why we bring in people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with industry veterans to help move the logistics industry forward.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
- At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.