Senior Security Engineer - Job Description
Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, & a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service to each & every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate & collaborative people who really care about what they do & the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, & have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn & be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 & are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team & be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role:
We are looking for a Security Engineer with experience in scaling operations through automation & rigorous security engineering practices. You will play a key part in Kustomers mission of offering the best-in-class security to our clients & keeping their customers data secure. Reporting to the Director of Security, you will help in executing the course for security initiatives, strategic decisions, & building security best practices into our systems, applications, & processes. This role is heavily focused on cloud security & having intimate knowledge of & hands-on experience with AWS. While expectations around software development & DevOps will not be at the same level as software engineers or SREs, the individual who fills this role will need to work closely with those individuals & provide guidance as well as hands-on assistance.
You'll be responsible for:
- Developing or implementing open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention, & analysis of security threats & vulnerabilities
- Performing audits of security settings & configurations for tools & services across the wider organization
- Using scripting to create automation, simplification, & scalability of processes
- Collaborating with & educating other teams on raising the bar for security across the organization
- Coordinating with outside vendors to ensure smooth operations
- Owning security projects from start to finish
- Participating in security incident response & security operations work
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants a challenge
- Versatile, you are someone who has & is interested in multiple domains of information security
- Has led security projects from initial planning to completion
- Strong communication skills & excels at collaborating with others
- You stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence & key security concepts, including hackers methodologies
- 5+ years of experience working in a security role
- 3+ years of experience in AWS: Reviewing architecture, environment security, key management, deploying security tools
- Experience in security tool evaluation, deployment & configuration
- Experience in scripting for purposes of automating or improving security processes
- Experience with Agile development methodology & DevSecOps
- Previous experience as an SRE a plus
- Previous coding / development experience a plus
- Previous experience working with a SaaS platform a plus
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.