This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in the development of category financial plans & budgets.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews & approves inventory projections & buying strategies.
- Oversees analyses, risk assessment & modeling on inventory plans.
- Drives the execution of multiple business plans & projects.
- Ensures business needs are being met.
- Reviews sales & profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met & summarizes issues/discrepancies.
- Provides input on key metrics for other category teams.
- Directs team to model, analyze & evaluate impact of key variables on business performance.
- Provides input into models, analysis, & evaluation of the impact of key variables (e.g., shipping promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) on business performance.
- Partners with senior leadership in Planning to develop & implement category financial strategies & budgets.
Forecasting & Financial Planning:
- Manages forecast meetings & processes & decision making for a moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews forecast plans for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews vendor/seller forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Assists in the development of category financial plans & budgets (e.g., for sales, margins, 3P revenue)for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Manages placement of orders for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Provides input into assortment, pricing & shipping decisions for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Provides input into purchasing recommendations for category management counterparts.
- Builds & leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members & provide feedback to enhance skills, knowledge & work performance.
- Have performance & career development conversations.
- Maintain stream motivation & engagement.
- Mentors Planners.
- Promotes & supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity.
- Provides supervision & development opportunities for associates.
- Bachelor s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Seven years of experience in finance, inventory replenishment, category management, site merchandising, pricing or related area.