REMOTE WORK OPTION AVAILABLE
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
You will be doing the following:
- Design & implement creative new algorithms & technologies for high-performance, highly reliable systems (think "six nines")
- Own & deliver innovation end-to-end, from concept to shipped product
- Analyze & solve challenging problems through persistence & insight
- Work as a team with intelligent peers who inspire you & who are inspired by you
- Make customers really happy, because thats why we do what we do
- Develop, maintain, & improve creative new systems & diagnostic tools
- Make smart, educated decisions where automation can improve overall product support efficiencies
- Maintain effective documentation on existing & future tool sets
- Thoroughly test tool sets before release to ensure tool accuracy & efficiency
- Learn a ton, whether you know a lot or nothing about system software
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- A minimum of 5 years experience using C++ or C#
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience using Python, C, Go, Java or related programming languages
- Has excellent knowledge of object oriented programming, test driven development, & software development life cycle
- A BS degree in Computer Science or related field; advanced degrees are a bonus!
- Experience in any number of related systems software projects e.g: Distributed systems, Operating systems, Linux Kernel, Database
- internals, Hypervisors, Containers, Compiler Optimization, etc.
- Working knowledge with ReST interfaces
- Familiarity & hands-on experience with Gitlab, Spinnaker, Jenkins, Docker, VMWare, AWS (EC2, S3)
- Practical hands-on experience working with relational databases e.g. Postgres, MySQL, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Natural curiosity with proven design sensibility & willingness to work in a collaborative, team oriented environment
- Detail-oriented & have the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Works proactively & effectively with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates strong & effective verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong written technical documentation skills
- Experience working in an Agile development environment; project management experience a plus.
- Must be willing & able to work in an open office environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field and/or related technical experience.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.