White City, London
Blenheim Chalcot is the UKs leading digital venture builder. We invest more than just funds, we invest our knowledge & experience, our ideas & infrastructure. Our ventures are at the forefront of a multitude of industries being disrupted by digital including FinTech, EdTech, GovTech, Media, Sport, Charity & more. We are highly entrepreneurial & seek opportunities where digital technologies can disrupt major markets - ventures we have built range from ClearScore to Agilisys & AVADO to even the Rajasthan Royals cricket team.
Our 19 companies have each been conceived & launched by us & now have total sales of over 500 million & more than 3,000 employees. Our assets under management stands at greater than 1.5bn.
As part of our expansion strategy in 2021 we will increasingly work closely with investment & strategic partners ranging from Paypal, FIS, L&G, Experian, Google, WorldPay, Imperial College & some of the leading venture capital & private equity companies internationally.
Our team, Venture Builder Services (VBS), exists to support our ventures to be successful quickly, sustainably & with access to the best practice tools, solutions and expertise. We provide a range of services to help new business get off the ground, including technology, growth (marketing & sales), talent, finance, legal & tax.
Our culture is inclusive, modern, friendly, smart and innovative we seek to employ bright, positive thinking individuals with a can-do attitude. Our people enjoy challenging themselves to be the best at what they do if that sounds like you, youll fit right in!
IMPACT BEYOND PROFIT:
15% of our partnerships & ventures are charities. These are the British Asian Trust, The Royal Foundation and OnSide. In the same way that we support our ventures, our Partners provide direct hands on support to the charities through sitting on the boards & much more.
- Honesty & integrity trustworthy
- Resilience - keeps going when the going gets tough, remains optimistic in the face of challenges, open to feedback & willingness to change and experiment
- Team work is collaborative & supportive, elevating & developing others to deliver results,
- Innovation - restless to improve, challenges how to make things better
- Deliver results - keeps promises, drives to achieve, commitment to high quality work
- People awareness collaborative & supportive, respectful
- Commercial awareness - looks for best value solutions for the business, understand costs / revenues, spends money wisely
At Blenheim Chalcot we are excited to announce that were expanding our Talent & Networks team within VBS by hiring a Talent Partner. The role will report into Blenheim Chalcots Talent Manager & will be instrumental in leading the attraction, selection and placement process of talent across within VBS & on a project basis across the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio. This will include a range of roles in different sectors at varying levels of seniority.
The successful applicant will get deeply involved with managing recruitment processes for ventures in the Blenheim Chalcot portfolio. The role is designed to be an integral part of Blenheim Chalcots central function with progression opportunities within the team and/or our portfolio companies.
- Help run the recruitment function of Blenheim Chalcot, managing the end to end recruitment processes across the portfolio.
- Produce regular reports on placements for the Talent & Networks team, Blenheim Chalcot senior management and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate administration for all stages of the recruitment process, including liaising with key stakeholders, & updating people systems.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset to continuously improve the processes & activities.
It is essential that youre confident & comfortable with doing the following:
- be able to transition between ventures & stakeholders with the ability to deliver results quickly,
- be on point for all elements of the hiring process,
- drive the recruitment process from start to finish: including review candidates, conduct screening interviews, handle scheduling interviews with stakeholders & conduct interviews advise on best practise,
- work in a highly entrepreneurial environment, focusing on execution & ensuring plans come to fruition; and,
- consistently build strong relationships quickly with stakeholders centrally within the VBS team & in the portfolio companies.
The ideal candidate will have a track-record in delivering results ideally in a fast-moving business & hence be comfortable with change & uncertainty. You must have a can-do attitude, ability to manage multiple tasks & superb interpersonal skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- An ambitious, driven recruiter with minimum 2 years experience of working inhouse, onsite or RPO.
- Experience using & administrating recruitment systems including an ATS (Greenhouse preferable) & LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Due to the nature of our businesses, a passion & insight into digital would be ideal.
- You're a problem solver you take ownership and wont settle until the problem is resolved.
- Youre resilient & love to use any learnings to improve a process next time round.
- You thrive from working in a fast-paced environment & are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Youre willing to get stuck in were a small team so youll be happy get involved in projects outside of your job description.
- Youre collaborative by nature, looking to work with & elevate those around you.
- Excellent relationship building & stakeholder management skills.
- Experience setting up new processes & ways of working.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Be part of the UKs leading digital venture builder and have the opportunity to be a part of & learn from the incredible talent in BC
- Be exposed to the right mix of challenges & learning & development opportunities, including secondments & the opportunity to move around VBS or/and its ventures
- A fun & open, if a little cricket obsessed, atmosphere
- Discretionary bonus
- 25 days of paid holidays
- Life Assurance 4 x annual salary. Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Private Medical & Dental, Gym Subsidiaries
- Covid-19 Update: at present were working flexibly, both in our brilliant new office site called ScaleSpace in White City & from home. We will continue to work flexibly after the pandemic is (eventually!) over, but there will be an ask from the business that you come into the office a certain number of days per week.
We have a rigorous recruitment process, which we use for all our roles to ensure we attract the very best talent.
Individuals seeking employment at Blenheim Chalcot must note we see diversity as a really positive thing that actually creates a better workplace & delivers better outcomes, so we are really keen to maximise the diversity of the workforce & actively encourage applications from anyone & everyone.