Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common is looking for a motivated, mission-aligned person to join the Marketing team & lead our strategic partnerships program. The Senior Partnerships Manager will work closely with multiple teams across the company to source, execute, & report on key partnerships that help drive new members to Commons lead funnel & provide unique, value-adding benefits to our members. This person will act as both the partnership's project manager & creative engine, constantly searching for ways to support Commons mission of providing the best renter experience across the world.
- Define what it means to be a Common partner, & how Common serves to benefit from partnerships
- Serve as the main point of contact for all consumer-facing Common strategic partnerships
- Initiate, structure, negotiate, & manage revenue-driving partnerships for Commons consumer-facing business
- Identify new partnership opportunities & successfully sell the value proposition of partnering with Common
- Evaluate & prioritize existing opportunities, while maintaining a constant set of new, creative & high potential partnerships to enable Commons success
- Set up & manage deal processes & drive decision-making with help from key stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional project management of partnership integration & execution with teams like Procurement, Finance, Legal, Sales, & Design
- Maintain & monitor key performance metrics for each partner, provide regular reviews with senior leadership internally
- Establish processes, internal workflows, & reporting to help streamline the teams operations & add value to relationships & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, & partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, structure, negotiate & execute partnership agreements
- Strong track record of managing relationships with multiple internal & external stakeholders, & leading multi-stakeholder groups
- Interest in building a new program from the ground up
- Consumer product industry background preferred
- A team player with a can-do attitude
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as:
- Paid vacation & sick time
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- FSA + HSA options
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid STD/LTD
- Paid parental leave
- 401k plans
Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, commuter transit benefits, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
Common is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, & ordinances.