At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.
About the Job:
We are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our strong Accounting group. You will play a key role on the Accounts Payable team during an exciting period of high growth & process transformation.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations & coordinating the workflows of the Accounts Payable team in a very fast paced, high volume, & high demand environment
- Ensure the work is properly prioritized & addressed in a timely manner to avoid backlog & inefficiencies
- Supervise 3-5 Accounts Payable Administrators
- Process & ensure a very detailed review of large daily payment runs
- Exhibit working knowledge of the general ledger account types
- Act as a partner to the Accounting team by holding the AP team accountable to internal policies & closing calendars
- Develop relationships & act as a business partner to various internal departments to ensure their needs are addressed & invoices are processed on time
- Provide support with ongoing system implementations, as required
- Provide support during annual & other audits, as required
- Associate degree or higher in Accounting or Finance is required
- 8+ years of strong AP experience is required, at least partially in a similar environment
- Supervisory experience is required
- Prior experience working in consumer industries is highly preferred
- Must possess an ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high volume environment, as well as a commitment to continuous improvement
- Experience working with any major accounting software
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work both independently & within a team environment
- Must be able to multi-task & identify any critical needs to be prioritized
- Strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude are a must
- Able & willing to communicate effectively with various internal & external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.