We are looking for product minded engineers with a deep understanding of HTML, CSS, UI/UX design, & how to build accessible & usable web applications utilizing modern technologies & paradigms.
WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DO
CustOps Engineering (CONG) builds rich, modern applications, services & integrations that powers the growth & facilitates the success of the Customer Operations organization. We partner with teams across the company to define & solve complex problems -- were the wizards behind the curtain. This role reports to the Team Lead, CustOps Engineering.
YOULL CONTRIBUTE BY
- Collaborating with users, backend engineers & product owners to create efficient, accessible, & enjoyable user experiences across our suite of tools.
- Helping shape our frontend tech stack to align with our product & technical roadmap.
- Practicing & advocating for disciplined software engineering (e.g. SLOs, automated testing, code reviews, & writing maintainable, readable code).
- Adding to our engineering excellence via mentoring of frontend best practices.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience leading the building of reliable, usable, & performant web applications.
- A specialist in, & advocate for, the frontend of the web.
- Thrives in the execution of details. Driven by desires for consistency, efficiency, & quality.
- Self-motivated & eager to lead & collaborate with teammates across departments.
- User-focused problem solver. Prioritizes the needs of a user while building engineering tools.
- Experience with Responsive Design best practices
- Design & UX sensibilities. Youre pixel perfect & put the users first at all times.
- Experience with wireframing/prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, etc.
PLUSES (absolutely not required)
- Experience working with a pre-built design system (ex. Ant, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Backend experience with modern frameworks (ex. Django, Rails, Elixir, etc.)
- Accessibility expertise
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our suite of products enables anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management via Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to best-in-class design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.