The Audience Development Manager will be responsible for drilling into analytics daily to understand (and act on) audience interest, writing the newsletter & growing newsletter subscriptions, tracking editor output & visit return, suggesting content tailored for specific platforms, & pursuing content opportunities based on data. If you have a passion for beauty content & experience using data to grow a site, we want to talk to you!
In this role, you will:
- Oversee monthly, quarterly & annual reporting on the beauty project, highlighting the teams meaningful original wins & delivery of clients goals
- Track content output & return
- Lead re-posting strategy, resurfacing relevant content from archives to be updated by staff
- Manage partnerships
- Lead SEO strategy & reporting with provided tools
- Lead social strategy in regards to traffic back to site
- Oversee paid media budget
- Oversee regular newsletter email builds
- Provide monthly, quarterly & annual reporting on email performance
- Operationalize cross-platform marketing efforts against key tentpoles & audience acquisition efforts such as sweepstakes
In order to thrive in this role, you must have:
- 4-6 years of experience in product management/online publishing, or related field
- Experience with various analytics tools & ability to train up on new tools quickly
- Ability to translate site data into actionable content direction
- Familiarity with web traffic trends & environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
- Ability to stay ahead of trends & adapt to a constantly changing digital landscape
- Advanced Analytics & basic HTML skills
- SEO expertise
- Paid media expertise, especially paid Facebook
- Newsletter growth experience experience with SalesForce Marketing Cloud a plus
This job is full-time, long-term temporary position & on site in Group Nine Medias New York offices. No phone calls, please.
Why Work at Group Nine
We are committed to diversity, equity & inclusion. As part of our larger DE&I strategy, every employee goes through a series of DE&I training. We have incredible Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), with the support of our Head of DE&I & executive sponsors, that host everything from weekly safe space chats to community events.
We have amazing people. We can promise youll work alongside some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. Our people work hard but we always have fun doing it. Bottom line: we care about each other & we take our values seriously.
We care about you. We offer company-paid parental leave for everyone #inclusion. We also offer health, dental & vision insurance, along with a selection of voluntary benefits. Weve partnered with best-in-class virtual care providers to bring health care, mental health support & meditation to all employees. Additionally, knowing that time away from work is integral to employee well-being, our time off allowances (consisting of vacation, sick, company holidays, volunteer & religious observances), ensure you have time to take care of yourself.
We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a matching 401(k) plan. Depending on the role, options may also be granted. We value development. We are a high-performance organization that challenges itself to continuously grow. We invest in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better once youre here.
About Group Nine Media
Group Nine has the most optimistic, fast moving, deeply connected brands in the categories that matter NOW. As the #1 video publisher on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, June 2020], Group Nines brands are built for the platforms where young people spend the majority of their time. We reach over 80% of Americans in their 20s every month [Nielsen DCR, June 2020]. Audiences spend over 90 million hours a month engaging with our category-defining brands [platform analytics, August 2020] - NowThis, the no. 1 most-watched news & politics brand globally on social [Tubular Labs, May 2020]; The Dodo, the #1 media brand for reach on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, November 2019]; POPSUGAR, the #1 most engaged-with Womens Lifestyle site in the U.S. [Comscore, February 2020]; Thrillist, the most-trusted digital brand in food, drink, travel & entertainment; & Seeker, the no. 1 science brand on mobile in the U.S. [Nielsen DCR, April 2020]. Group Nine has been recognized with hundreds of prestigious awards including Edward R. Murrow, James Beard, Cannes Lions, Critics Choice, among others.