WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
WeWorks production network serves all of our Members that are distributed across 300+ buildings & located in 20+ countries around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably & at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on network infrastructure design & feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You are focused on creating engineering solutions to operations problems, optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure & eliminating work through automation. You also ensure that network operations are safe & efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components & responding to network connectivity issues.
You are highly autonomous, possesses effective written & verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, & have high career growth potential. The desire & ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Develop network architecture for a multi-tenant enterprise environment.
- Be responsible for the lifecycle of architecture from inception to working with engineering teams on implementation & supportability of design.
- Build reusable designs & systems that promote scale, reliability, security & efficiency.
- Manage & maintain multi-vendor, multi-protocol datacenter & backbone networks
- Define & develop optimized network monitoring systems
- Develop & maintain consistency within the networking infrastructure
- Ability to participate in a regular on-call rotation
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving systems engineering (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working on a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design capacity.
- A deep understanding of network protocols, including IP & related transports, BGP, & OSPF
- A deep understanding of network hardware internals, including forwarding, filtering, & policing mechanisms
- A solid understanding of application protocols, including DNS, IPSEC, HTTPS, & TLS
- Experience developing network automation tools in at least one language (Python, Perl, C++, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with & understanding authentication mechanisms including PKI
- Familiarity with network hardware & software, preferably including Brocade, Cisco (IOS, NX-OS) & Juniper JunOS
- Strong understanding of wireless protocols
- Strong written & verbal communications skills
- Experience designing & deploying software defined networks
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.